Can't assign new photos

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Hilohi

Re: Can't assign new photos

Post by Hilohi »

jenniferkoplin wrote:I'm on a Mac using Safari.
I have the same problem that you described, and I'm using the same type of computer and browser. I just tried Google Chrome and I was able to upload and assign a photo without any problems.
jenniferkoplin

Post by jenniferkoplin »

Thank you. I tried Firefox and it seemed to work too. But I wish it would work with Safari, that's what I normally use.
ryangeorge33

Post by ryangeorge33 »

I get the error, "There were problems saving, please try again." every time I try to upload. Same error whether I'm on IE, Chrome, or Firefox (on PC). I've even tried uploading from Android. Same issue.

What's going on??
Loveland2

Post by Loveland2 »

I just had a member upload two photos and then changed wards before they were approved. The photos became unassigned and now an error pops up when I try to delete them. Is there any way to remove these?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Loveland2 wrote:I just had a member upload two photos and then changed wards before they were approved. The photos became unassigned and now an error pops up when I try to delete them. Is there any way to remove these?
Do you have any other option besides deleting them?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Loveland2 wrote:I just had a member upload two photos and then changed wards before they were approved. The photos became unassigned and now an error pops up when I try to delete them. Is there any way to remove these?
Contact the clerk in the other ward and have the clerk approve the photos. See if they go away from your screen.

I've moved in a handful of records over the last few years that after a few hours end up with photos to approve, so I assume they had been uploaded and the previous ward never approved them.
slleverino

Post by slleverino »

Holy cow. I just came across this thread. It is now October 2018 and this has not been fixed. I sent in the problem and all I got back was the instructions on how to do it and to ask my ward clerk for help. It's soooo frustrating because I'm a web developer and I know what I'm doing. It's definitely them, not me. I've used multiple browsers and multiple OS's and multiple devices and it's all the same. I guess if it hasn't been fixed in two years, I shouldn't hold my breath.
mevans

Post by mevans »

slleverino wrote:It is now October 2018 and this has not been fixed. I sent in the problem and all I got back was the instructions on how to do it and to ask my ward clerk for help.
With what, specifically, are you currently having problems. It's been working quite reliably for me recently, but I know experiences can differ for completely unknown reasons. If you share your specific frustrations, people here might be able to help. There are multiple ways of doing things. Sometimes, if one way doesn't work, another will, although it might be more labor intensive. I don't think I've ever been completely defeated, but I have taken a long time trying to accomplish tasks that shouldn't take long.
slleverino wrote:I guess if it hasn't been fixed in two years, I shouldn't hold my breath.
Our belief (most people on the forum don't work for the church or know its inner workings) is that the church has a small team that is called upon to do many things. They are trying to do the best they can, but may be directed to other priorities.

It's all a matter of perspective. Since you're a developer, maybe you've dealt with Jira in your life. There are many bugs in the system, and if you look at Atlassian's backlog, you can see many unhappy users on issues with hundreds of votes that have been open for well over 10 years. If you use that as a perspective, the church actually moves quickly. The church has done major revisions and new implementations of systems during the time that some Jira bugs have been open. ;)
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

For what it's worth, I have been assigning photos for several years with no problems....
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

zaneclark wrote:For what it's worth, I have been assigning photos for several years with no problems....
Members in our ward upload their own photos occasionally and I review them (ward clerk). No one has ever reported to me that they had any difficulty uploading their photos. We also called a sister in our ward a couple of years ago to seek out members and ask if she could take their photo and upload it to there lds.org profile - she never reported any problems doing it either.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”