Moved, records moved and received into new ward, but not on LDS.Org, yet

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
nstod1

Post by nstod1 »

I am having the exact same error as brazcons.
failproof

Post by failproof »

Appears to be not uncommon for there to be some kind of out of sync issue when records move from one ward to another... not sure where the best place for it would be, but sounds like some kind of FAQ or Wiki help could be useful, explaining that individuals with this issue should have their ward/stake clerk(s) validate that records show in the correct place and then contact LUS if the issue can't be corrected there. But as I said, where to put that so that people with the issue see it...?
wludlow

changed wards

Post by wludlow »

We just changed wards. In my lds.org account I am still only able to pull up my old ward directory. Is there something I am supposed to refresh?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wludlow wrote:We just changed wards. In my lds.org account I am still only able to pull up my old ward directory. Is there something I am supposed to refresh?
[Moderator note: I moved this post from the LDS Account forum to this thread, since it is really a Directory issue.]

As you can see from other posts in this thread, your situation is not unique. There's nothing you can do yourself. But the first step is to talk with your new ward clerk and ask him to make sure that your records are actually in your new ward. Once you've verified that, it can take some time before the Directory shows your new ward. If it takes more than a week or so, I'd suggest that you ask your ward clerk to contact Local Unit Support to find out what Church headquarters can do.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if the slow transfer might have anything to do with getting released from a calling out of the old Ward or Stake's MLS? That's the only thing I can think of that might cause "weeks" to be required.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
geowizrd4zion

Post by geowizrd4zion »

my curiosity would be to know if these reported issues are related to the new capability to request records online through clerk tools instead of transmitting the request through MLS.

is anyone in a position to check whether or not the cases above cut across all three possibilities for transferring records: sent by old ward through MLS, requested by new ward through MLS, or requested by new ward through lds.org? or do they all have one of those three methods in common?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Or, taking a different tack - has this process worked properly for anyone?

It seems there are too many reports for it to be isolated events. But by the time we look at the sub-sets of members who 1) move, 2) Use the directory and/or LDS Tools and 3) Find their way to the forums, we may not be talking large numbers.

But reports of what does work properly would help isolate what's going on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
westovermd

Post by westovermd »

One item to remember is there are multiple areas that could be termed "directory".
1) One "directory" is the one that receives information from ward clerks. This is information on members moving or changing positions.
2) Another "directory" is the servers hosting your LDS account. When you Sign into lds.org, the web site refers to key information stored with your LDS account to determine what ward/stake information you will see. This directory receives information from #1
3) A third "directory" is the directory seen with LDS Tools. I am not as familiar with this app but I believe it pulls the same key information from #2 which it uses to build the directory seen through this app.

Most of the time if you are not seeing the correct directory information for your ward, the cause is that your LDS account has not received the correct information from #1. Changes can normally take up to 24 hours but anything longer than that usually indicates that either the ward clerk hasn't pushed the information to the church (in which case you need to talk to the clerk) or that there is a problem getting the information from directory #1 to directory #2 which would require contacting technical support to fix the account.
dannterri

Re: Moved, records moved and received into new ward, but not on LDS.Org, yet

Post by dannterri »

I have a family in my ward that has this same problem. How do I resolve the synch problem? LUS does not know how to resolve it and cannot see the problem. Is there something I can do as the Ward clerk?
mfmohlma

Re: Moved, records moved and received into new ward, but not on LDS.Org, yet

Post by mfmohlma »

dannterri wrote:I have a family in my ward that has this same problem. How do I resolve the synch problem? LUS does not know how to resolve it and cannot see the problem. Is there something I can do as the Ward clerk?
Hi. You've replied to a 5 year old thread so the solutions here might not be valid.

Can you be more specific as to what you're seeing and where you're seeing it? If LUS cannot see the problem, I'd suspect that the database is correct and the problem is on the viewing end.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”