Bug: Location and Rooms Save button does not do anything

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jasonhyer

Bug: Location and Rooms Save button does not do anything

Post by jasonhyer »

I have a problem that I'm pretty sure is specific to my computer but I am unable to save any changes in the Location and Room tab. I am using IE 8 and I have the same problem in Google Chrome. I have seen this on the LDS Tech web site under the Projects section.

I can make changes on the page just fine but when I click the Save button, nothing happens.

This is quite a concern since I am the Stake Admin and can't set up the calendar. Please let me know what I need to look at to try and get this working.
Jason Hyer
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't recall that you get any feedback that shows a save has taken place. In some cases, I've found I've had to switch tabs to get some thing to "stick". Otherwise, I go back and it's there again.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Moderators Note: I moved this thread into the Calendar forum from the Calendar Beta Test forum. It really doesn't make sense to report issues with the production Calendar v2 in the beta test forum -- that forum has limited visibility, and issues with the production calendar should be out in the open.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

RussellHltn wrote:I don't recall that you get any feedback that shows a save has taken place. In some cases, I've found I've had to switch tabs to get some thing to "stick". Otherwise, I go back and it's there again.

I don't show any indication that the save is committed. It is almost as if no action is associated with the save button. Changing tabs causes the changes to be lost.
Jason Hyer
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jasonhyer wrote:
RussellHltn wrote:I don't recall that you get any feedback that shows a save has taken place. In some cases, I've found I've had to switch tabs to get some thing to "stick". Otherwise, I go back and it's there again.
I don't show any indication that the save is committed. It is almost as if no action is associated with the save button. Changing tabs causes the changes to be lost.

When the Save happens, there will be definite feedback. The edit Link will reappear, the Save button and cancel link will disappear, and the various edit controls will change into labels and text. It's not subtle at all. If the save doesn't occur, then when you try to change tabs, you should be prompted that your changes will be lost and given an option to cancel the tab change.

During the beta, I occasionally had the experience where the Save button didn't work at all. Other times I had to click it multiple times for it to work, but it eventually did.

When the production version of Calendar v2 was first deployed this morning, I had no problems with the Save. And it still seems to be working fine for me.

One thing you might check is if your session has expired. That will make the Save button stop working. If you do a page refresh and you are prompted to login, that will let you know that your session had expired. That's the only time I've had problems with Save today.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
WelchTC

Same thing for me. I can't get the save button to work at all

Post by WelchTC »

In fact, I have a hard time getting the location settings to even appear. I have to go to settings about 10 times in a row to get it to appear. Normally what I get is the header of the page and the footer and nothing else.

Tom
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Seems that the problem is a proxy error. I'm notifying the team of the issue.

502 Proxy Error 1m 1s
"NetworkError: 502 Proxy Error - https://lds.org/church-calendar/service ... teLocation"
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

Thanks for the feedback but it doesn't appear that the session is the problem.

The more I look at this it looks like it may be a conversion issue. I deleted the units associated with the locations and I can now save the time zone. That resolves the initial problem. The problem that still exists though is that I don't have the option to remove locations. I have some old locations from the previous calendar that are no longer in my stake. I have no remove button on all but three locations.

I'm also having some problems with adding units to locations because of data temporarily not being available for the application but that may just be due to the time of night I am working on this. I'll try that in the morning.

So to sumarize, was able to finally save after removing units from the locations but can't remove the locations.
Jason Hyer
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

jasonhyer wrote:I'm also having some problems with adding units to locations because of data temporarily not being available for the application but that may just be due to the time of night I am working on this. I'll try that in the morning.

OK, one more observation and I'll quit. I found that if I refreshed the calendar I could add units to one location (added up to four units). When I went to the next location to add units, I got the data temporarily unavailable error. I refreshed the browser and could add units to that location. Went to next location and had the error again.

So I could only add units to one location and then had to refresh before I could add units to the next location and so on.
Jason Hyer
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

jasonhyer wrote:So I could only add units to one location and then had to refresh before I could add units to the next location and so on.
I had the same issue this morning. One location I was able to add all the units. With the next two locations, I could only add one, then had to refresh the page to be able to load the additional units. It took me a bit, but was able to get them all added eventually.

Return to “Calendar”