"Go To Date" button on calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
pamvan

"Go To Date" button on calendar

Post by pamvan »

Is there a "go to date" button on the new calendars? I keep having to flip through 12 or 18 months before I can get to October 2012. Maybe it's there somewhere and I'm missing it. If not, will it be added later?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

pamvan wrote:Is there a "go to date" button on the new calendars? I keep having to flip through 12 or 18 months before I can get to October 2012. Maybe it's there somewhere and I'm missing it. If not, will it be added later?
The little calendar on the right (just below the Options button) is purely for navigation. If you click on its "next" button, you will find that you can click on it pretty quickly (I can get to October 2012, for example, in under 5 seconds). Then you can click on any day in the little calendar, and the main calendar display will jump to that month (or week, if you are in Week View).

Don't confuse that little navigation calendar with the navigation controls on the main calendar (to the left and right of the Week and Month buttons). Clicking one of those buttons will cause the whole view to be redrawn, and that will take longer, depending on the number of events and the speed of your Internet connection.

For most church calendaring I've seen, it's rare to move forward more than 14 months or so, and most calendaring is done an average of 6 months or less in the future. Feel free to make your suggestion using the Feedback link on lds.org, but I think you'll find that if you use the navigation calendar it's really quite easy to move from month to month.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
pamvan

Post by pamvan »

Yes, I noticed that and have been using it; I guess I'm just used to Outlook.
We're an exception. For the past decade or so, our stake has planned the next year's calendar around June using an outside calendar application. Then the final calendar dates would be re-entered onto the classic calendar in November for the following year - double work. So we're trying to plan 2012 using the new lds calendar exclusively, therefore the need to go 18 months out.
I will take your suggestion and submit feedback to lds.org., but since we're the exception rather than the rule I doubt it'll get anywhere. Thanks again.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

Late last year I sent in a request via Feedback to be able to navigate to a specific month/year. I never received a reply, but I understand they are inundated. I got a reply to another feedback issue with the new LDS.org also submitted months ago. The reply said they were sorry for the delayed response, but there were over 50,000 feedback items in the queue to be reviewed.
JLR

Return to “Calendar”