Calendar Printing not working

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
wsplawn

Calendar Printing not working

Post by wsplawn »

For our ward the Printing part of the new calendar is not working. I have tried printing the calendar from two different machines with the same result. One machine is using Windows XP and IE 8 and the other Windows 7 and IE 9.

When you select print what comes into view is a calendar with no data or entries in it. The calendar is blank. Anyone know what the problem is? It appears to be a bug. Same thing with regard to downloading a .PDF file. You can create the file but it is a calendar that is blank. It was working last month, but not now.

This is for the Roseville CA 4th ward. Anyone?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm seeing the same thing with our Stake calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:I'm seeing the same thing with our Stake calendar.
Works fine for me. I even tried changing the time zone, which used to cause some problems with a blank month printing, and that bug seems to be fixed. It prints exactly the months I ask for, with all the selected calendars' events.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

It's working for me also. OS is XP w/FF 3.6.17.
I do however see the blank month for April, but May appears OK.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ah, I got suckered by an old bug. The first page is a blank April calendar. The next page is May which seems to print OK.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wsplawn

Post by wsplawn »

Thank you for responding.

I would never have thought to look at the second page and in my opinion, neither will most others. That makes this "minor" bug, really quite major. It's major in that for all practical purposes, others are most likely to think the system is broke, or that they've done something wrong. Also, it makes one wonder why when your looking at the Calendar for May, the application insists on printing (or rather, bringing to the screen) the month before. Very confusing to the end user. My fear is that the people in our ward and stake will just quite using the application.

What is the next step in getting this problem solved?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm pretty sure they're aware of it, but the proper way to report it is via the feedback link on lds.org.

wsplawn

Post by wsplawn »

Thank you. I have submitted the concern with the following message:

Please be aware that the calendar program is causing consternation in our ward and stake. It has to do with printing the calendar. To the user it appears as though they have either done something wrong or that the web site does not work. This is bad for a new applicaiton. It tends to make people not want to use it. The problem is relatively minor but the perception of the problem is not.

When you go to print or download a calendar, first of all, the wrong page shows. If the user is on May, the first page shows April. This is confusing to the user. Also, there is not data in April so the user naturally assumes the applicaiton doesn't work.

If the user moves to the second page (if he/she knows there is a second page) the information he/she is looking for is seen. But for most, it does not occur to them to do this.

Otherwise, there are lots and lots of things that are working and to be very happy with.

Ward web site administrator - Roseville CA Woody Splawn

Return to “Calendar”