New Calendar Managing Resources Assignment Database Error

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
niederhausern

New Calendar Managing Resources Assignment Database Error

Post by niederhausern »

I’m trying to set aside a Location for use by a specific Ward during a specified time block in the new calendar as described at https://tech.lds.org/ldshelp/index.php5/Local_Unit_Calendar:_Reserving_Locations_and_Resources/eng but I’m getting a “Database error, no resources included with this assignment” as shown below in the screen shot. I have selected resources but still get the error and the assignment does not block other wards from scheduling during this time as it should. Please advise.
[attachment=0]ss.PNG[/attachment]
Attachments
ss.PNG
ss.PNG (15.49 KiB) Viewed 1801 times
niederhausern

Post by niederhausern »

Anyone else having this issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Out of curiosity, what country are you in?

As I understand it, the resources are tied into a database of church properties maintained by your FM group. I wonder if that's the source of the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

niederhausern wrote:I’m trying to set aside a Location for use by a specific Ward during a specified time block in the new calendar as described at [/SIZE]https://tech.lds.org/ldshelp/index.php5/Local_Unit_Calendar:_Reserving_Locations_and_Resources/eng but I’m getting a “Database error, no resources included with this assignment” as shown below in the screen shot. I have selected resources but still get the error and the assignment does not block other wards from scheduling during this time as it should. Please advise.

I am able to duplicate this problem. Here's what I did:
  1. In Manage Locations and Resources, I created a new resource for one of our buildings called "test"
  2. In Manage Resource Assignments, I created an assignment for that resource for a series of dates.
  3. Back in Manage Locations and Resources, I deleted the resource "test"
  4. Back in Manage Resource Assignments, all the assignments for that resource now displayed a similar "Database error, no resources included with this assignment" message.
I don't know if you have the same root cause, but this may give you a lead. It certainly makes sense that if an assignment is linked to a resource that no longer exists, it could cause a database error (of course, the code should be cleaning up all database links to a resource when the resource is deleted, but the error is understandable).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
niederhausern

Post by niederhausern »

RussellHltn wrote:Out of curiosity, what country are you in?

As I understand it, the resources are tied into a database of church properties maintained by your FM group. I wonder if that's the source of the problem.

Redmond, WA USA
niederhausern

Post by niederhausern »

aebrown wrote:I am able to duplicate this problem. Here's what I did:
  1. In Manage Locations and Resources, I created a new resource for one of our buildings called "test"
  2. In Manage Resource Assignments, I created an assignment for that resource for a series of dates.
  3. Back in Manage Locations and Resources, I deleted the resource "test"
  4. Back in Manage Resource Assignments, all the assignments for that resource now displayed a similar "Database error, no resources included with this assignment" message.
I don't know if you have the same root cause, but this may give you a lead. It certainly makes sense that if an assignment is linked to a resource that no longer exists, it could cause a database error (of course, the code should be cleaning up all database links to a resource when the resource is deleted, but the error is understandable).

What's interesting is I get the error without the resource being deleted.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

niederhausern wrote:What's interesting is I get the error without the resource being deleted.
I wonder if the resource got deleted/recreated, renamed or otherwise changed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:I wonder if the resource got deleted/recreated, renamed or otherwise changed.
If the resource was deleted and then added in again it sounds logical that could cause the problem. The record key for the old resource would be different from the new resource even though they have the same name or character string. The event(s) created using the first resource record would be linked to that record. It doesn't exist. The new record, while having the same name, would have a different record key.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mawhiteley

Post by mawhiteley »

niederhausern wrote:What's interesting is I get the error without the resource being deleted.

Likewise. The resources haven't been changed (since I'm the one who created them) and I'm getting this "Database error" too, but only when I try to reserve resources for new events. The previously scheduled events still show their correct resources (i.e. Kitchen).

Ideas? Thanks.
niederhausern

Post by niederhausern »

mawhiteley wrote:Likewise. The resources haven't been changed (since I'm the one who created them) and I'm getting this "Database error" too, but only when I try to reserve resources for new events. The previously scheduled events still show their correct resources (i.e. Kitchen).

Ideas? Thanks.
Looks like that makes two of us getting the same error which leads me to belive it's not local to our site. Anyone else get this error? Anyone from lds.org know what's up?

Return to “Calendar”