beta calendar: how to get proper display of events?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kisaac
Community Moderators

beta calendar: how to get proper display of events?

Post by kisaac »

If you are using the beta calendar (https://beta.lds.org/church-calendar), lets talk! How are you getting it to display short events (10 or 20 minutes) properly? How do you get it printed properly? I have yet to figure out a workable solution.

For example, we are attempting to use one calendar for a simple bishopric interview schedule, such as the following:

6:00 interview with X
6:15 Interview with y
6:30 interview with z
7:00 PPI with organization x
7:30 PPI with organization y

Creating each of these as an event is not the problem.
Problem: For events shorter than 30 minutes, I cannot read the display of the event in "week view," and cannot "select" it to edit or read it either. They do display in "month" view, but only until you fill up the 7 available lines. After you have more than 7 events on one day, there is no scroll ability, so later events in "month view" are un-viewable, and thus un-editable.

Any ideas that ARE working?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Since the calendar is in beta, have you sent feedback through the application's feedback link on these issues? Trying to get work arounds for a beta application seems to be counter productive to the purpose of a beta release.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kisaac
Community Moderators

yes feebback sent.

Post by kisaac »

jdlessley wrote:Since the calendar is in beta, have you sent feedback through the application's feedback link on these issues? Trying to get work arounds for a beta application seems to be counter productive to the purpose of a beta release.
Yes, I've sent feedback. I'm sure they are working on it, but in the interim, how do others use the beta calendar right now for something every ward wants to do, like scheduling bishopric interviews or tithing settlement?

(also, unsure how my post got on the end of this thread, as it is dated and about LUWS and "resource scheduling," while I intended to start a new thread dealing with beta calendar and using it for similar scheduling....with the hopes that I missing an idea that someone has here, that will make the beta calendar work.)
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

jdlessley wrote:Since the calendar is in beta, have you sent feedback through the application's feedback link on these issues? Trying to get work arounds for a beta application seems to be counter productive to the purpose of a beta release.
Yes. feedback sent. thanks for your suggestions.

Return to “Calendar”