Beta Calendar Issues

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
psnarula

Cannot edit calendar I created

Post by psnarula »

I created a new calendar and made it private. Now I cannot edit it. It says:

"You do not have edit rights to this private calendar. No changes will be saved."

I am the ward clerk and am listed as an approver. What's going on? Why can't I edit a calendar I created?
n.oliver

Post by n.oliver »

I noticed when I was creating a few private calendars a few weeks ago that it did not automatically add me as an editor. Luckily I saw this before I saved the calendar, but that means I haven't had the experience yet.

I just tried to create a new private calendar. I didn't add any viewers or editors. Opening it back up to edit it again I saw my profile listed as an editor and a viewer. I then removed my name from the editor list and saved the calendar. Now when I open the settings of the calendar (same as before) I don't have privileges to edit it.

Perhaps for now another admin (ward clerk, etc.) could edit the calendar (& add you to the list of editors)? I hope so anyway.

But yes, this does seem to be a bit goofy. There should probably be a check to ensure that an admin or approver can't delete themselves from the list of editors when they are the only one listed as such. Not to mention that ward admins should probably have the permission to edit any of the calendars in their jurisdiction anyway... (automatic entry in the editor list)

Screenshot:
Attachments
CalendarBETAeditorPrivs.jpg
(56.26 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Return to “Calendar”