Calendar History would be nice

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RBeatse

Calendar History would be nice

Post by RBeatse »

A very useful enhancement to the calendar would be a history/audit. When you think about all of the stakes and wards and private calendars and such, this is huge but...hear me out!

If you only tracked/reported on events that were updated or deleted then that would GREATLY reduce the number of events that would be stored in an audit table. Many times I get people saying that they put something on the calendar but it is not there anymore. I can't tell if they ever did or not because once it is deleted, it is gone. Or, have you ever accidentally moved something to a different time/date and have no idea where it was originally? An audit of changed or deleted events would be a great addition to the calendar system.

It could live under the "gear" icon and be only accessible to calendar administrators. I am not sure if there is a better place to mention this so "on the forum" it goes.
RBeatse

Re: Calendar History would be nice

Post by RBeatse »

You can't "Give Feedback on this page" on the calendar since it has been maximized to use all available real estate and so I went to the main churchofjesuschrist.org page and left the comment above there.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

There's a small feedback link on the bottom left of the calendar, which doesn't look like a link.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

I see "Terms of Use" Privacy Notice" and Cookie Preferences" but can't find anything else for links.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I saw the Feedback link a few minutes ago, but I loaded the page again just now and it was missing. Then I did a clean refresh of the page (holding shift while pressing refresh) and it showed up again... Odd. Attached is a screenshot.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 10.37.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 10.37.34 AM.png (25.83 KiB) Viewed 1531 times
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you go to a different page in the calendar (such as sync) you'll get the standard footer and can find feedback there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:I saw the Feedback link a few minutes ago, but I loaded the page again just now and it was missing. Then I did a clean refresh of the page (holding shift while pressing refresh) and it showed up again... Odd. Attached is a screenshot.
I can't get it to show up at all. I'm using Chrome on Windows.

I wonder if it's dependent on screen size.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

I don';t have it either and have tried different screen sizes. I gave my audit table feedback from a different page but couldn't from the Calendar page
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

I'm opening the feedback link issue. If I keep refreshing, it sometimes disappears.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I wonder if it's dependent on screen size.
Probably.

I have never seen that Feedback / Terms of Use line at the bottom of the Calendar, probably because it is all I can do to actually see the events on the last week of the month. I believe if I had a larger screen, they might appear. While the page is loading, something flashes there at the bottom for a brief moment, then disappears before I am able to read it.

But I do not plan to invest is a laptop larger than 17" because most websites make it possible for you to scroll or resize to get to the bottom of things.

Return to “Calendar”