Calendar - events not visible

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kjens

Re: Calendar - events not visible

Post by kjens »

P.S. Since you said this is NOT a Forum for letting the IT group know about the Calendar's shortcomings, can you tell me HOW to do that? NONE of the Submit buttons for Calendar Feedback have worked all day. (I'd guess it might be on purpose since they are likely being completely overwhelmed by actual users of the Calendar who now cannot do their job!)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kjens wrote:Don't these IT teams work with any ACTUAL Users Groups before completely changing the Calendar that is in use all across the Church?!
Some stakes were put on the new calendar mid-January. But either they didn't push it very hard, or they noticed problems, they didn't know who to complain to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

kjens wrote:NONE of the Submit buttons for Calendar Feedback have worked all day.
As far as I can tell it's working now. But you can also us the feedback link on any page of ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

We do have a known bug when you have all day event bars on your month view. If there are two on a day, events or the +more link can be hidden.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

We are in the process of moving to a new back-end feedback system. Since I'm also the feedback product manager, calendar is the first one to use it. It looks like it is working again. If it seems to not work, use feedback on a different page. Both get to me. I do pay more attention to feedback than to the forum. @russellhltn pings me when I need to address an issue in the forum.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

We had the calendar in beta with many stakes for more than six months (including my stake and neighboring stakes), but certainly realize not everything was not caught. Since it went world-wide there are about 15 issues that we hear about over and over again and are working to fix. We can't make system change in a three-week period surrounding general conference, so we will have a bunch of fixes ready to go after that.
kjens

Post by kjens »

Okay, calmed down now :-) I tried reducing the number of Calendar layers showing AND reducing the "zoom" level in my browser. Neither works. I would have to reduce the Calendar Layers to practically just the particular event I was looking for ~ which defeats the purpose of the View. Reducing the "zoom" to 75% just reduces the size of the script in the daily "boxes" of the Calendar without revealing additional events.

Return to “Calendar”