Calendar 3.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar 3.0 released

Post by russellhltn »

ricnel wrote:but after 1 or 2 seconds, the agenda view goes to March 5th.
I have something like that happen if there's nothing on that date. At first I couldn't replicate it because I had enough calendars turned on that there was something for that date.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
ricnel wrote:but after 1 or 2 seconds, the agenda view goes to March 5th.
I have something like that happen if there's nothing on that date. At first I couldn't replicate it because I had enough calendars turned on that there was something for that date.
I'm getting that to happen sometimes too. It seems like it may be more likely when there isn't something on the date but it doesn't always happen in that case for me. And once it starts happening it seems to happen on many different dates but not every one. I've even had it happen on the same date and then not happen when going back to that date after going to a different date.

Definitely a bug.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Yes, we have a known problem with agenda view that I forgot to add to the list. I tend to see it happen mostly when trying to swipe or scroll backward. It retrieves more events and jumps back several months. The dynamic scrolling is tricky, but yes we know about this one.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

russellhltn wrote:
GowenRJ wrote:Recurring appointments do not post to the calendars if you try to repeat an even like on the 2nd and 4th Sunday it never shows on the calendar.
Are you trying to schedule an event for every other Sunday? That's likely to cause problems as there's months with 5 Sundays. I'd use two events (one for 2nd Sunday and one for 4th) and repeat once a month.
Can't you just use repeat monthly by day and select which weeks (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and/or 5th)? I have used this for activity day girls and other things that repeat on specific weeks of the month and it doesn't matter if the repeat day has 4 or 5 weeks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jhowell2000 wrote:Can't you just use repeat monthly by day and select which weeks (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and/or 5th)?
That would work. I was thinking of older systems where you only specified how often something repeats.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Repeating events should work the same if we hooked the new front-end up to it right. We didn't change its function.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Fixes planned to release this Thursday
• Sync only syncing next 3 months. Will extend to 12 months
• Mobile users not noticing the arrow to open left side
• Solve a nasty problem when viewing a building in locations and room that has never been set up (don't try it until fixed).
• Resolve the html shown on a location page and sync URL page
• Make the time zone option in the “date options” work
• Already fixed a problem involving branches that became wards. They couldn’t edit their events.

Next priority problems
• More menu sometimes is missing the scroll bar
• Items missing when viewing event details in R/O view: last updater, unit, setup/cleanup times
• Can’t delete stake/ward administrators that were added
• Put 15 minutes in the pulldown for the end time
• Non-English calendar has English header
• Repeating events widget for Until date isn’t working sometimes

Other things will be worked on but won’t make it before general conference such as: agenda view weirdness, print month view (show all events, wrap titles, fix black/white), Use slim lds.org header giving lots more vertical space, sort events in the PDF lists in locations and rooms, and others.
rscroggin

Post by rscroggin »

I printed a calendar using Calendar 3.0. When I deleted the calendar title and then generated the printout, the word "True" was substituted as the title in the printout. Looks like a stray boolean value got in there. Just an FYI.
rscroggin

Post by rscroggin »

Wanted to suggest a calendar option to add to your wish list of nice features to have. How about modifying the header of the mini-calendar with two drop down lists. One to select a specific month and one for selecting a specific year. That way you can jump to a specific month and year with only a couple of clicks instead of having to continuously click the previous or next arrows to get where you want to be. It would be a very convenient and welcomed addition. Thanks for considering.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

RBeatse wrote:I have noticed a change in 3.0...events that have setup and cleanup times do not show those on the displayed calendar (at least in week view). For example, I just put an event on for next Saturday from 2-4pm with 30 min of setup and 30 min of cleanup. When I saved the event and was taken back to the main week view where it showed it on the calendar as 2-4pm. In the previous version, there was a dotted area that showed that the actual event and the setup/cleanup times.

Is this how 3.0 is supposed to work?
Just putting this out there again since there was a lot that happened at this same time and it wasn’t listed anywhere in the future updates.

Return to “Calendar”