Calendar 3.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RBeatse

Re: Calendar 3.0 - new major version coming

Post by RBeatse »

I saw the arrows. I usually stay in week mode because Month view is so busy. To have to switch to month in order to move multiple months ahead and go right to a date seems odd. Maybe it is just me but I move back and forth a lot as I add things for private events in the future.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

The mini calendar below that lets you jump fast. If using on a mobile device you will need to slide open the left-hand pane using the > which is a bit hard to see.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note that there is a small calendar just under the "+ Add Events". You can use that to move quickly even if the main display is in "week" mode.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

CrockettDR wrote:The mini calendar below that lets you jump fast. If using on a mobile device you will need to slide open the left-hand pane using the > which is a bit hard to see.
Thanks. I would like to say that I was on a mobile device at the time but I was on a laptop and completely blanked seeing the calendar there. I was so used to seeing it in the upper part of the screen that I didn't see it. Thanks!
kd7mha

Re: Calendar 3.0 released

Post by kd7mha »

the synced calendar URL page is showing HTML formatting tags
Attachments
html tags.jpg
html tags.jpg (42.26 KiB) Viewed 2876 times
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Thanks. Yes, one of our last fixes did that. Also on the locations and rooms page. We will get that fixed quick.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Well sadly, my first impression is that the new Month view is practically worthless. The actual calendar portion of the display is squished to use the available screen space with no scrolling.

That might not be so bad if the calendar started before the middle of the page. But by the time the Church logo is displayed, along with the banner menu underneath it, and the top of the calendar margin, there is only slightly more than half of a display screen left. So when the monthly calendar is crammed into the remaining space, each day shows only one event and then a line that says "+n More".

Is there a setting to display more than two lines in the Monthly view? I never minded scrolling up and down to see the month. The main reason I use the calendar is to review everything and then select certain items to put on my personal calendar. I could easily do that before with only a couple of dates that overflowed their box. Now I would have to click on 30 little boxes to make sure I saw everything.

This is a step backward for me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:The main reason I use the calendar is to review everything and then select certain items to put on my personal calendar.
One of the nice changes to 3.0 is that now you can have a sync that's separate from what you see on lds.org. If the calendars are sliced up right that would go a long way to automatically selecting the activities. Plus with a sync, any changes will be automatically forwarded as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

RBeatse wrote:
CrockettDR wrote:You shouldn't have any missing calendars. But the way to now "subscribe" to them (list them on the left) is to use the "Choose Calendars" link.
If this was a response to my comment, I was talking about viewing a current calendar entry details. When I view the details of an item, the calendar name is not showing. I have entered the same data as a "feedback" item.
As an update...now, when I look at the details of a calendar entry for an item on one of the calendars that I have access to (whether I put it on or not), I can see the calendar name. If I view the details of an item on a calendar I do not have access to add to (another Ward's RS calendar, for example), I can see all of the details but the calendar name is blank.
Attachments
AD0136C0-5CD3-489E-9F0F-00B30569D3B9.jpeg
(344.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I haven't tried all of the features yet, but the one I did try, deleting an administrator, gave me a "system error" message. I know it's new and hopefully bugs like this will be fixed in time.

Return to “Calendar”