Lost Ward access

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RBeatse

Lost Ward access

Post by RBeatse »

I have managed my Ward's calendars for many years and I also do all of my Stake's private events calendar. One of the many callings I was listed as for years was "Website Adminitrator". A few weeks ago, I noticed that I cannot get to any of my local Ward's calendars. With some research, I notice that the Website Admin calling is also missing. My Bishop has no idea why this changed and wants me to have access.

DId the Church get rid of this calling and, if so (it makes sense to get rid of it, honestly), is there a calling that, by default, will give access to the Ward's calendars?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Lost Ward access

Post by scgallafent »

The calling still exists as a standard calling.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

Will it, by definition, give access to the Ward's calendars? Is there a better one for that since I am going to have to have them re-add the calling? No one is sure how it got removed.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Yes, it will give you admin access to the ward calendar. The only other callings that do that are bishopric, clerk or executive secretary. Or one of these can add you as an administrator by name instead of by calling.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

Thanks! I, and they, were trying to avoid adding by name to each of the calendars. This will help!!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

As far as I know, that position still has access to ward calendars. If you're being asked to manage calendars, this is probably as good a position as any.

It looks like someone released you from a couple of callings on April 15 and also released you from that one while updating the other callings.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

I will let my Bishop know. He didn't seem to realize. It may have been an over eager clerk trying to clean stuff up. Thanks for the assistance.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

scgallafent wrote:The calling still exists as a standard calling.
I asked the Ward Clerk to add the calling and he said that when he tried to do it, it "gave some wierd message". From the date you said it changed (since none of the clerks or Bishopric made any change, as far as they know), could it have been dropped/changed when all of the Priesthood changes happened? I am sure that the Clerk should be asking this quesiton on a different forum topic but he is not the type to get into the forums. If there is somewhere else I should ask about it, that would be great or any direction you can provide.

Thanks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RBeatse wrote:I asked the Ward Clerk to add the calling and he said that when he tried to do it, it "gave some wierd message". . . .

From the date you said it changed (since none of the clerks or Bishopric made any change, as far as they know), could it have been dropped/changed when all of the Priesthood changes happened?
The priesthood quorum changes were made on the Sunday of general conference, earlier in the month. What scgallafent said was that someone made changes to your callings two weeks later on April 15. That is the person who may be able to answer your question. It would have been someone locally.

If the clerk is willing to provide the message he received when he tried to add you back into the calling, someone here may be able to help you make some sense of it.

I hold the same calling (among others) and it was not affected at all by the changes made as a result of general conference.

Return to “Calendar”