Bishop Don't Add Event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mdantasf

Bishop Don't Add Event

Post by mdantasf »

Hello guys!

In our Stake, have a Bishop that don't add a event in calendar of your ward. The button "+" does not appear for it. Someone have a same problem anyway?

Regards
Marcio Dantas
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Bishop Don't Add Event

Post by russellhltn »

First off, has his calling been recorded (as a standard position, not custom) and has 24 passed since then?

Secondly, make sure the MRN on his account matches the MRN on the person holding the calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mdantasf

Post by mdantasf »

@russellhltn,

We check the informations about the calling of Bishop, your MRN it's the same used. Yours callings it's correctly. See attached a screenshots with your calling and problem when access LDS.org webiste.

I don't see problem, but some bug in MLS/MBR/LCR.

Who does can help about this for fix this problem?

Thank you for help!

[Moderator note: Attachments with personal information removed]
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Note, that these forums are completely public so you don't want to post sensitive information. If you still can, please remove the screenshots with personal information or replace them with ones with the information blocked or blurred. If you can't edit any longer then a moderator will do it as soon as they see it.

Are there any calendars where the bishop has editor access? That would be public ward calendars or private calendars where the bishop has been added as an editor. You can check that by going to Settings (Gear) > Calendars. And does the bishop show up as an administrator (Settings > Administrators)? Can the bishop access those two settings screens himself?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

By default, the bishop will be able to add events to the calendar of his own ward. He will not be able to add events to the "location" calendar, nor will he be able to add events to the stake calendar.

Depending on what's been set up, he may not have access to a private calendar of his own ward.

But before he can add events, he must "subscribe" to the calendar. Without a subscription, he cannot see the calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:But before he can add events, he must "subscribe" to the calendar. Without a subscription, he cannot see the calendar.
Actually, I checked that. The plus button shows up even if you aren't subscribed to a calendar you can edit.
mdantasf

Post by mdantasf »

Ok, thanks for the info ... I'll modify the images. I forgot that the forum is public.

It really is strange this kind of problem. Is there any e-mail or ticker that I can open to investigate this problem?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

mdantas wrote:It really is strange this kind of problem. Is there any e-mail or ticker that I can open to investigate this problem?
You can submit Feedback via the link at the bottom of the calendar page. You can reference this thread to indicate what you've done to isolate the problem.

However, you didn't answer the questions about whether you have any ward calendars, whether the bishop shows up under the Administrators screen or whether he can access the Calendars or Administrators settings screen. Those will help isolate where the problem is.
mdantasf

Post by mdantasf »

Hello guys.

The problem are resolved. Like as commented, the problem was with the calendar of ward. He had calendar, but all calendars it´s inactive. :)

I and he see to analyse the problem with calm, and only enable all calendar, refresh in this page and the button Add event show in the screen.

Regads for all help!

Return to “Calendar”