Cannot access Ward and Stake Calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
peica

Cannot access Ward and Stake Calendars

Post by peica »

We just moved to a new ward about 3 months ago and I have recently been called to serve in the YW. I am having trouble accessing our Ward and Stake Calendars.

My membership number is there and everything is up to date. I am able to access the Ward and Stake Directory, Leader and Clerk Resources, etc... Basically, I can access everything I am supposed to EXCEPT the calendar for our stake and our ward. When I go to the calendar, on the left side of the screen it says in a blue text box "Churchwide Calendars". Then below that in a purple text box it lists our Stake. When I click the drop down it says in orange lettering "Locations" and "Stake Calendars". When I click the drop down for "Locations" it ONLY shows 3 of the wards and 1 branch in our stake (none of which are my ward and its missing 2 more wards and a branch). When I click on the drop down for "Stake Calendars" it brings up nothing. No color coded squares with things like Stake RS Calendar or Stake YM/YW Calendar, etc... Nothing...

Anyone know what's going on?

Many thanks!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cannot access Ward and Stake Calendars

Post by russellhltn »

The "Locations" are buildings, not wards. But some stakes refer to the buildings by the unit that meets there. Only some stake leaders can actually see all the ward calendars, but the general membership can see all the buildings in the stake.

It's entirely possible that the stake isn't using the calendar system. There's no requirement to do so. If it's never been set up, there will be no calendars nor events.

But first, let's make sure you've set up your subscription for your new ward/stake. To do that, you'll need to click in the ">>" button near the top right of the left column. Then you'll see all the calendars available to you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gailedwards2

Post by gailedwards2 »

I too cannot see all the sub categories within our ward calendar. I have some groups I can see, but not all the groups, like primary. I only have 5 groups available to check/uncheck on my ward. For example, I can access the MaiMaids and Bee hives, which are not relevant in my family or calling, but cannot see primary schedules for my 11 year old daughter. Who do I contact to get access to all the applicable groups for me?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gailedwards2 wrote:I too cannot see all the sub categories within our ward calendar. I have some groups I can see, but not all the groups, like primary.
Two possibilities:. 1) there may not be any calendars like you are looking for. There is no fixed set of calendars. It is completely up to the ward to create calendars to fit their needs. But most likely it's 2) you haven't subscribed to those calendars. You mention checkboxes, but subscriptions are sliders. On the left column, click on the ">>" button near the top. That will expose all the available calendars for the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”