Putting an event on a different ward's calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rlwelburn

Putting an event on a different ward's calendar

Post by rlwelburn »

I am the building scheduler for our building. Is there a way for me to schedule an event to show up on a different ward's calendar? For example, when I schedule pack meetings for the 3 wards in our building for the entire year, if I put it on the ward primary calendar I think it shows up on my ward primary calendar only, since I'm the one who scheduled it. I haven't found a way to access another ward's calendar. If I put it on the stake calendar it clutters that calendar and makes the other wards' calendars less effective.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Putting an event on a different ward's calendar

Post by russellhltn »

The short answer is "no". The traditional role of building scheduler is not supported. It's expected that the units will "self-service" as the system prevents most conflicts. The building scheduler sets up the rules, handles the problems and most likely handles scrolling scheduling family events.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
falcon771

Post by falcon771 »

rlwelburn wrote:I am the building scheduler for our building. Is there a way for me to schedule an event to show up on a different ward's calendar? For example, when I schedule pack meetings for the 3 wards in our building for the entire year, if I put it on the ward primary calendar I think it shows up on my ward primary calendar only, since I'm the one who scheduled it. I haven't found a way to access another ward's calendar. If I put it on the stake calendar it clutters that calendar and makes the other wards' calendars less effective.
In addition, when you schedule events for the whole year, you should not be scheduling an Event. you should be creating a Restriction for that meetinghouse. This allows the ward leaders to go in and schedule the event. And all restrictions are on the building calendar, not the individual ward calendars.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Restrictions have their own set of problems. If you schedule restrictions for the whole year for the cub scouts, there's nothing to prevent the YM of from the same ward from scheduling a basketball game for that same time block. An event is the only way to make sure that the building/room is blocked off for the intended activity.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”