Orphaned calendar building reservations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
davepeterson

Orphaned calendar building reservations

Post by davepeterson »

We are a new stake that has finally gotten our buildings updated in FMAT so that we can manage "Locations & Resources" in the lds.org Calendar app. It appears that in the process of creating the new stake from the old stake, there are some "orphaned reservations" from the old stake's calendar that we cannot edit or delete. They may still be on the old stake's calendar - not certain as I can no longer manage the old stake calendar. These orphaned reservations are blocking our ability to specify true buildings/locations on our calendars. So I'd really like some help getting those orphaned reservations cleaned up so we can manage the calendar in the new stake the way we need to. Any guidance on how to get rid of orphaned reservations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Orphaned calendar building reservations

Post by russellhltn »

If you're the agent stake, you should be able to assign a building scheduler to that building in the calendar and then they can alter/remove the reservation/activity. (But if it's an activity, I'd be sure to communicate to the other stake first so they can move the event rather then have it mysteriously canceled.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davepeterson

Post by davepeterson »

"should be able to" is the key phrase here. My wife is the building scheduler for this temporary stake center. And I wish it were working. Unfortunately, no dice. As counselor in the stake presidency I cannot alter or remove the reservation/activity. And as building scheduler she cannot either. It truly appears to be orphaned. I am in the process of checking with a member of the stake presidency of the old stake to see if they can still see the reservation/activity and do anything with it. Fingers crossed...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

DavePeterson wrote:As counselor in the stake presidency I cannot alter or remove the reservation/activity.
That calling won't give you sufficient rights. However, you can add yourself as a building scheduler to that location. That would give you the rights.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davepeterson

Post by davepeterson »

My wife, who is the building schedule, could not edit or delete. However, when I added myself as a building scheduler, I was able to modify and delete. Not sure why I could and my wife couldn't, but thanks for the help. Problem taken care of...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

DavePeterson wrote:My wife, who is the building schedule, could not edit or delete. However, when I added myself as a building scheduler, I was able to modify and delete.
Which makes me wonder if she's a building scheduler of that location in name only. If you go in where you added yourself and don't see her name, then that explains it.

davepeterson

Post by davepeterson »

She does show up in the Locations & Resources area as a scheduler for that location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Odd. Not sure why she wasn't able to do it.

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Maybe the transfer from one stake to another caused her to get disconnected from her permissions somehow. You could try removing and re-adding her.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Maybe the transfer from one stake to another caused her to get disconnected from her permissions somehow. You could try removing and re-adding her.
It's worth a try, but unless she moved with the building, I doubt if she was a building scheduler before. Only the agent stake can assign building schedulers.

Return to “Calendar”