Can't delete ward event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
btphelps

Can't delete ward event

Post by btphelps »

A ward scheduler created an event using rooms in the stake building. He left the ward and moved out of the stake. I am the stake clerk / webmaster in charge of the stake calendar. I can't see the ward's calendar. I need to unschedule the rooms he booked. How can I do this?

Brian
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't delete ward event

Post by russellhltn »

The best way is to work with the Bishopric of the ward to have them edit/remove the event. Since the Bishopric/Secretary/Clerks are all Ward Admins, they should be able to take care if it without having to wait to call a replacement.

While there is a way to do edit things directly, I'm not sure as you can delete the event and you still need to communicate the change to the ward. So I think it's best to work with the ward up front.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
btphelps

Post by btphelps »

Can you tell me the direct way? I'm not sure what ward calendar the event belongs to and the editor is no longer in the stake so I can't identify his original ward. The event is a duplicate of a stake event and no one in the ward is affected. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Assuming you are the Building Scheduler, you should be able to go into the event and pull up the edit screen. Down in the bottom right you'll see "Unit".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

btphelps wrote:Can you tell me the direct way? I'm not sure what ward calendar the event belongs to and the editor is no longer in the stake so I can't identify his original ward. The event is a duplicate of a stake event and no one in the ward is affected. Thanks.
If you view the event details, you can see exactly what calendar it is on (the first item in the upper left corner of the event details), and what ward the event belongs to (the "Unit" listed in the upper right corner of the event details). Once you know the ward, it should be easy to contact the ward clerk or some other administrator in that ward and ask them to delete the event.

Although a building scheduler has permission to delete an event that takes place in his/her assigned building, it is my opinion that this power should be used only in extreme circumstances. It's much better to contact the ward and let them remove the event themselves, which any of their administrators can do.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:If you view the event details, you can see exactly what calendar it is on (the first item in the upper left corner of the event details), and what ward the event belongs to (the "Unit" listed in the upper right corner of the event details).
You must be looking at the different screen than I am. The first item I see on the upper left is the calendar name which doesn't necessarily have the unit name in it.

And it's lower right that I see "units".

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
aebrown wrote:If you view the event details, you can see exactly what calendar it is on (the first item in the upper left corner of the event details), and what ward the event belongs to (the "Unit" listed in the upper right corner of the event details).
You must be looking at the different screen than I am. The first item I see on the upper left is the calendar name which doesn't necessarily have the unit name in it.

And it's lower right that I see "units".
No, we're looking at the same screen, but you're not accounting for the difference between events that you have rights to edit and those that you don't, and also the difference between repeating and one-time events. In either case, the calendar name is in the upper left corner (and I never said that it had the unit name in it).

If you can edit an event, then the unit name and contact info for the person who last edited the event is indeed in the lower right corner. But if you can't edit the event, then that information is in the upper right corner for one-time events, and a bit lower in the right-hand column for repeating events.

Return to “Calendar”