Release Notes Latest:2.6

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Release Notes Latest:2.6

Post by jeffevannelson »

2.6 Release Notes
Fixed Show/Hide calendar issues.
Fixed issues that caused events to disappear.
Admins added by calling now show up; in some cases that they did not.
Fixed Initial setup bugs that did not add admins properly.
Fixed bug that caused adding admin to crash.
Location Calendar events show up in month view fix.
Units Sharing a building with another stake both wards in stakes can now properly see their building events in week view.
Fixed issues were dragging around events in a series of events would break the event from the series.
Fixed issues with Series not staying together.
PDF Document generation bug after certain months.
Fixed issue where sometimes dragging a event would add days.
Fixed a few daylight savings issues.
Fixed issue where chapels were missing from out of unit callings.
Issue where double Restrictions cancel each other out.
Fixed Interface issue that calendars showed up even if they were not checked.
Backend Fixes for Services.
Fixed Color issues on calendars.
Fixed some bugs around recurring events.
Fixed issue that would cause Admin screen to crash for some users.
Fixed issues around Restrictions sometimes disappearing.

2.5.3 Release Notes
Fixed issue on getting list of ward/stake users on adding admins to calendars. If someone had moved out of your ward it could cause a error not allowing you to remove them.
Added some back end features for some feature products to integrate with calendar.
nathangg

Re: 2.5.3 Release

Post by nathangg »

Do you know if the official release notes on the calendar help will be updated? ( https://ue.ldschurch.org/ldsapphelp/cal ... notes.html )

I find them useful (It seems they haven't been updated since release 2.3).

Thanks!
--
Nathan
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jeffevannelson wrote:Added some back end features for some feature products to integrate with calendar.
This sounds interesting – are you able to elaborate?
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

sbradshaw wrote:
jeffevannelson wrote:Added some back end features for some feature products to integrate with calendar.
This sounds interesting – are you able to elaborate?
Its someone elses Product otherwise I would talk about it basicly though from what I know a tool that will help youth leaders plan Activites. If ends up not happening do not stone me please.
mevans

Post by mevans »

jeffevannelson wrote:If ends up not happening do not stone me please.
Thanks for sharing...
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" ;)
1968leocomeeatabite

Re: Release Notes Latest:2.5.3

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

Was I dreaming? I thought I saw a 2.6 Calendar release a couple days ago? No stoning s.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Was I dreaming? I thought I saw a 2.6 Calendar release a couple days ago? No stoning s.
According to the header of the Calendar app, the current version is 2.5.4.
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

Where is this header that you write of? On the lds.org website It brings up the calendar, (a window appears that I close to see the calendar) which says "Version 2.5 Released". I went to my tablet(android) and checked calendar after a sync, not sure where it says 2.5.4? Just curious.
Added some back end features for some feature products to integrate with calendar.
Just curious by what jeffevannelson means by back end feature? Is this like some added features that come through the back of the program? (I am not a techy)
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:
Where is this header that you write of? On the lds.org website It brings up the calendar, (a window appears that I close to see the calendar) which says "Version 2.5 Released". I went to my tablet(android) and checked calendar after a sync, not sure where it says 2.5.4? Just curious.
You have to be a bit of a techy to see the header. You have to use a browser extension like Firebug (on Firefox) or Developer Tools (on IE) and look at the body element in the HTML. I don't know any way to see the that version number directly in the web page.
1968leocomeeatabite wrote:
Just curious by what jeffevannelson means by back end feature? Is this like some added features that come through the back of the program? (I am not a techy)
In web applications the front end is what you see in your browser and the programming that runs on your browser. It usually also includes the part of the program that runs on the server that generates the HTML that controls what you see in your browser. The back end is the stuff behind the scenes on the server that keeps track of the actual data but doesn't have anything to do with how that data is displayed.

In this case, jeffevannelson is probably talking about adding something to those behind the scenes stuff to make it possible to use the calendar data in some other tool. For instance, currently the calendar data is used by the calendar tool itself but it is also accessed by the LDS Tools mobile applications and the Leader Resources portal. These are all different front ends but they all access the calendar data from the calendar back end. It sounds like some other tool is going to also use the calendar data. I don't any any insider information but it might be the youth activity planning tool. That was recently released and I believe it does have some integration with the calendar.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Release Notes Latest:2.6

Post by aebrown »

That's interesting. The title of this topic has been updated to refer to 2.6 instead of 2.5.3, and the original post of this topic now has release notes for version 2.6. And indeed, the current version in production is now 2.6 (just this morning it was 2.5.4).

That certainly makes this topic a bit confusing to follow, but I'm grateful for the information, nonetheless. That's quite a long list of changes made in version 2.6.

Return to “Calendar”