making Resservations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: making Resservations

Post by russellhltn »

Here's what I see.

I wonder if "View Restrictions" is intended for non-building schedulers to see what has been set?
Attachments
Cal_Restrictions.png
Cal_Restrictions.png (9.75 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:Here's what I see.

I wonder if "View Restrictions" is intended for non-building schedulers to see what has been set?
I'm a ward level admin but not a building scheduler and not a stake admin. I don't have a Restriction option at all.
LesleyAnn

Post by LesleyAnn »

In the middle of the screen it says "View Restrictions" and when I click on it, it cannot open. However, I went to the HELP section and saw that if I go to settings, the drop down bar does say 'restrictions.' When I clicked on that it did open for me. So, that part of the issue is resolved.
Thank you!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lesleyann wrote:In the middle of the screen it says "View Restrictions" and when I click on it, it cannot open.
Ah, so that mystery is solved. I was talking about the Settings menu itself, but lesleyann was referring to the "View Restrictions" link in the Locations and Rooms section of Settings. That link appears in the upper right corner of the middle section of a location on that Locations and Rooms page (but it only appears for someone who is a building scheduler for the selected location).

And indeed, the View Restrictions link doesn't work for me, either. So that appears to have been broken in the 2.5 upgrade.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

russellhltn wrote:
gayle01 wrote:Today the settings 'reservations' option is not listed as a choice...
"Reservations" has been renamed to "Restrictions" to better describe how it works. It has never been a "reservation" in the normal sense of the word.
Looks like the online help is still using the word reservations. My wife is the new building scheduler and had me look into why she doesn't have the reservations menu option. Thanks for your post, now she knows to use the restrictions menu option.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chriswoodut wrote:Looks like the online help is still using the word reservations. My wife is the new building scheduler and had me look into why she doesn't have the reservations menu option.
Yes, but the reason it was renamed is because it was being mis-used. Things need to be scheduled as events, not as a reservation/restriction. By default a building scheduler doesn't have the needed rights to schedule events. Only to deal with conflicts.

The purpose of restrictions is to deal with things like "ward night" that is not a specific event, but where the building is set aside for a particular ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

russellhltn wrote:
chriswoodut wrote:Looks like the online help is still using the word reservations. My wife is the new building scheduler and had me look into why she doesn't have the reservations menu option.
Yes, but the reason it was renamed is because it was being mis-used. Things need to be scheduled as events, not as a reservation/restriction. By default a building scheduler doesn't have the needed rights to schedule events. Only to deal with conflicts.

The purpose of restrictions is to deal with things like "ward night" that is not a specific event, but where the building is set aside for a particular ward.
Yes, exactly. My wife was trying to block out the ward nights. The instructions on the help pages is out of date.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chriswoodut wrote:The instructions on the help pages is out of date.
Yes, we're aware of that. The team that did the documentation was let go. I'm not sure what the church has arranged to replace them.

Return to “Calendar”