Removing calendar administrators

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cldfirst

Removing calendar administrators

Post by cldfirst »

I have four calendar administrators that need to be removed and the site is not letting me do it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Removing calendar administrators

Post by russellhltn »

What kind of administrator? You cannot remove a default administrator (Bishopric, Clerks)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cldfirst wrote:I have four calendar administrators that need to be removed and the site is not letting me do it.
I was having that problem a couple of days ago; the webservice it was calling returned a 500 server error. But I just tried again and was able to delete a named administrator with no problem. I don't know why such a problem would be intermittent.
josephtripp

Post by josephtripp »

Something related. I added calendar administrators by name rather than by calling. Now I am unable to remove them. When clicking the delete button, the processing indicator just spins.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I believe this is the known problem described in this thread. It was fixed and then came back. See post #16 where johnsonth who works for the church said it was noted and would be fixed.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mevans wrote:I believe this is the known problem described in this thread. It was fixed and then came back. See post #16 where johnsonth who works for the church said it was noted and would be fixed.
However, as I reported two days ago, it was working fine for me.

And yet I tried it again today, and it fails consistently. I get a 500 Internal Server Error on the HTTP DELETE for the URL https://www.lds.org/church-calendar/ser ... #>/delete/

The version I tested two days ago was 2.2.3-rev.3604, which is the same version I'm testing today. So the fact that it works, then fails with the same version is rather baffling.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

I'm not able to reproduce this issue in our test environment. I will have our system admin make sure the DELETE HTTP function is still permissioned for the calendar. In the meantime can anyone else test removing an admin and let me know how it goes? Does it work differently if it's a calling that is removed versus a person?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Kyle,

I know you asked if "anyone else" could duplicate this, but I did do some additional testing, and determined that for my stake, it doesn't matter if the administrator is added by name or by calling; in both cases an attempt to delete results in a 500 Internal Server Error, and the UI shows an eternal spinner to the left of the red X delete icon.
failproof

Post by failproof »

I added our Young Men President by calling, then went back to the calendar and then back to administrators (just to be sure it added and that my load of administrators was clean and fresh). When I tried to delete him I get an eternal spinner. This was on the chrome browser on my Google nexus 7 - not sure how to determine a version other than that, so I tried it on my laptop too just to be sure. Can't delete from chrome on my laptop either. Same result - eternal spinner.
Good thing I trust him as an administrator temporarily :)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

failproof wrote:Good thing I trust him as an administrator temporarily :)
When I've been testing this, I've chosen a calling (Stake Public Affairs Assistant) that I know our stake won't ever assign someone to. And for a person, I choose myself; I already have default admin permissions, so adding or deleting myself as an additional administrator has zero impact.

Return to “Calendar”