LDS scriptures in Flash lite

Discussions around Mobile Development
djvpuls-p40

Post by djvpuls-p40 »

So a couple of month ago I couldn't find any scriptures for my Nokia 5800 phone that worked with symbian 60v5, so I decided to make a some scriptures in flash AS2 since my phone has flash lite 3.0.
I finished getting the Book of Mormon, the Pearl of Great Price and the Doctrine and Covenants available in the posted swf file (and it works great). I didn't complete the old and new testament just because I have another application that has the kjv of the bible.
I am posting the compiled swf file and the source file so if anyone would like to add some more functionality to the file, that would be great, or you can just use it. I would really like to add a search function, but I'm not very proficient with AS2 or AS3 for that matter (I've just made some websites with it.). I'm guessing that you would have to put each chapter into a search-able string or array of some type (right now they are all static text so I could get the touch scrolling to work right). Maybe the dictionary class would work, if that is even in as2.
This program is supposed to be free for anyone that wants to use it and/or change it. It works great on my Nokia 5800. It will probably work on a Nokia N97, and other phone that support flash, but the dimensions might need to be change to work on other phone. I'm including a text file that describes how to add to it, or what I did.
The zip file is located at
http://gopulsiphers.mooo.com/LDS_Flash_Scriptures.zip
Attachments

[The extension swf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Josiah.ccc

Post by Josiah.ccc »

do you think you will be finishing this file cuz iv had the same problom for my nokia 5230 nuron i havent found any that work but i downloaded this file and it works great but it would be nice if it was finished but i understand if your to buissy or dont want to finish it. i was just wondering if you were ever planing on it
alvin1976

Post by alvin1976 »

Hi,

Can we get the complete version please

Return to “Mobile Development”