Area Book Planner Security Hole

furrysalamander

Area Book Planner Security Hole

Post by furrysalamander »

Hi, when I was on my mission, we got smartphones towards the end. As one of the technology missionaries in my mission, I had to help a lot of missionaries with the problems they had with their phones and with the area book planner app. While I was helping out in this regard, I discovered a bug that I believe to be a very big security flaw, serious enough that I reported it and followed up with the tech support email. I never did hear anything back about it, and I worry that it got lost in the sea of all the bug reports they get. On occasion, after an update, they would email us and request us to respond if what we had reported was still a bug, but since I'm no longer a missionary, I no longer get those emails, and I worry that they never got around to fixing it. I was hopeful that when I got home I would be able to get an internship with the software development team or something like that, but I've had no success, and apparently they won't even look at hiring you unless you're at least a junior in school. I'm wondering if anyone on here knows of an appropriate avenue for me to pursue to make sure that the appropriate people are aware of the hole, and even if I can't do anything to help fix it, I would like to make sure that someone is able to do so. The bug has the potential for significant loss of information as well as a potential information breach.

Thanks in advance
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Area Book Planner Security Hole

Post by scgallafent »

furrysalamander wrote:I'm wondering if anyone on here knows of an appropriate avenue for me to pursue to make sure that the appropriate people are aware of the hole, and even if I can't do anything to help fix it, I would like to make sure that someone is able to do so.
Send me the details and I can walk it over to the appropriate team. I'll send you a private message with contact details.

Return to “Mobile Applications”