Problems with FIR

marshallstevenaud

Problems with FIR

Post by marshallstevenaud »

I'm experiencing problems with FIR when I go to the View Issues page front screen it shows 9 proposed issues but when I open the page it says "No issues to Display". The Bishop of one of the Wards in the Stake says he entered 3 issues and they are not Showing.
It appears to related to one particular bldg in our Stake. It listed in FIR as Facility # 69 - San Felipe .
I created a work order for the building and it went in and I received the response e-mail, but I can not view it.The response e-mail says "5180600-01-01 New facility issue proposed. It will be reviewed by the Stake Physical Facilities Representative
I can not view any new work orders for that building but I have acces to the other buildings in the Stake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Problems with FIR

Post by russellhltn »

Just to be clear, is this a problem with the FIR app, or with the webpage? If you're looking at the app, you might want to check the webpage.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marshallstevenaud

It is in both
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The current FIR app is basically a wrapper around the web page.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
elderbetita

Post by elderbetita »

It has been a constant concern for us that the Facilities Management has always closed our tickets even before the issue was resolved. May we suggest that only the creator of the ticket should be able to close the ticket? That way the FM Group will have to check with us if the issues was really resolved. This would eliminate raising tickets for the same issues over and over again because it was never resolved.
carsonm

Post by carsonm »

To: marshallstevenaud It sounds like something your local Stake PFR can take a look into that for you.

To elderbetita , I don't see a need to only have the creator be the one to close out the ticket. Where I work, if we waited for only the creator of the ticket to close out the ticket, I would have 6 year or older open tickets, that only took a relative short period of time to complete. My guess is that there are a lot of duplicate tickets for the same issue. The various submitters don't check for tickets already submitted by others before submitting another ticket. Perhaps, some of your tickets were closed by the Stake PFR as a duplicate. One option, I have suggested to people when submitting is after checking for duplicated, and if no duplicate found, create the ticket and put those who might want to see that a ticket was created on the cc line, hopefully eliminating a duplicate ticket.
marshallstevenaud

I am the Stake PFR. We can now view te submitted issues and the open issues except fo the issues submitted before January 2017
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

carsonm wrote:To elderbetita , I don't see a need to only have the creator be the one to close out the ticket.
Then as an alternative, how about giving the creator 30 days or so to be able to RE-OPEN the ticket, should the problem still persist?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I usually just call or email the FM Group, note that I saw the issue was closed, and ask them if they wouldn't mind opening the issue again until it is actually fixed. They then let me know if they have combined it with another work order, or there was a duplicate, or if they just oopsed.
jtjacks

Post by jtjacks »

I second the suggestion from Mikerowaved. Let the originator re-open tickets and/or escalate closures. Also, eliminate the ability for FM to just cancel issues. They should have to say why and not just be able to cancel a request.

I think our FM group closes and cancels tickets regularly just so they can clear the que. I suspect they must have some measurement about how many tickets are opened or how long. Terrible situation where we have to constantly re-originate an issue, then have FM group (that closed it days ago) act like it is the first they are hearing about a problem.

I wish our FM group were like lajackson's - but they are not and they take full advantage.

Return to “Mobile Applications”