ASL apps?

alexmatheson

ASL apps?

Post by alexmatheson »

1st- Any plans for ASL apps for MAC devices(MacBook Pro, iMac) for Gospel Library, Book of Mormon, LDS Music?
(I use a MacBook Pro & can use an HDMI adapter to connect to a larger screen) (My Deaf LDS friends have an iMac)

2nd- what ASL content is currently available for Apple devices? (apps for iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro)

3rd- same for android devices?

4th-any future plans for more ASL content for Apple/Mac devices and Android devices?

If not, would at least like to see The Lamb of God video in more various languages in either app and/or DVD form (including ASL)

5th- Any Missionary-centric apps planned? (Missionary Discussions/Book of Mormon/Children's Scriptures/True To Faith/Gospel Principles/Articles of Faith/Preach my Gospel "basics")

I DO NOT have iPhone/iPad or android. I need to know what LDS content is available IN app form IN ASL, how to find it on a Google search, how to (step by step) download it -so I can explain to my Deaf LDS friends how to do it -in ASL.

OR-expalin to me (as though you were in front of the screen) (over the shoulder view) how to do it. I am a heavily manual-visual learner & am mildly Autistic.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: ASL apps?

Post by sbradshaw »

If you go to asl.lds.org you can find a good list of ASL materials provided by the Church.
It's unlikely that the Church will make any ASL apps for Mac (the Church has rarely made any apps for Mac) – generally, only apps for mobile devices are developed because they need to be offline more frequently; whereas a regular computer can usually access the internet and LDS.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: ASL apps?

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:It's unlikely that the Church will make any ASL apps for Mac (the Church has rarely made any apps for Mac) – generally, only apps for mobile devices are developed because they need to be offline more frequently
Note that the only reason the church has a Windows app is because it's the same OS as found on Windows tablets. That and some volunteers doing the work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Mobile Applications”