Doctrinal Mastery App Inaccurate

MarshallCL

Doctrinal Mastery App Inaccurate

Post by MarshallCL »

The latest version of the Doctrinal Mastery App (2.4.0 released September 1 2016, iOS version) has much improved functionality but unfortunately the scripture lists are inaccurate. At least, they are inaccurate if they intend to replicate the 100 seminary mastery scriptures. By my rough check, 24 of the 100 are wrong or missing, in comparison with lists in the online seminary manuals. Previous versions had the same fault but it was corrected some time ago. I can't recall dates or versions but the version immediately prior to 2.4.0, which I had been using for several months, was accurate. I assume many seminary students use the app in preference to other sources to master the scriptures, as I do, and may be a little confused. Since we are at the start of a new school year I hope this can be resolved quickly.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Doctrinal Mastery App Inaccurate

Post by jdlessley »

You can provide feedback using the feedback feature found in the application's settings function.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The Doctrinal Mastery program is new this year – it replaces Scripture Mastery, and comes with a new set of scriptures (different from the Scripture Mastery scriptures introduced in 2013, which replaced the ones from 1988). Here is the current, 2016 list of Doctrinal Mastery scriptures:
https://www.lds.org/manual/doctrinal-ma ... s?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
MarshallCL

Post by MarshallCL »

Thank you sbradshaw, this explains everything.

I am a retired S&I coordinator, so I knew of the move from Scripture Mastery to Doctrinal Mastery and have followed developments with interest. I observed several iterations of the basic 100 over the past year or two and assumed it was a work in progress and therefore in a state of flux. However, it seemed to settle down six or seven months ago, and the previous version of the app agreed with lists in online manuals. I realised that the printed material cannot be changed quickly, but I assumed that Web files would be routinely updated and be at least as current as the App.

What I had missed was the “Doctrinal Mastery Core Document” which your link points me to, which is apparently the "one ring to rule them all”, superseding and independent of other manuals and material. There's no fool like an old fool - I feel rather embarrassed to have raised what is clearly a non-issue.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

No problem! :) It is a little confusing, since they just changed the scriptures a few years ago.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Mobile Applications”