Priesthood app

lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Priesthood app

Post by lajackson »

oldbones wrote:There was an app that defined the words and purpose of ordinances.
There are three approved places to find the proper words and procedures to perform priesthood ordinances. They are all available in Gospel Library.

Handbook 2, Chapter 20, Priesthood Ordinances and Blessings.

Family Guidebook, Priesthood Ordinances and Blessings (pages 18-25).

Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood, Part B, Lesson 5, Performing Priesthood Ordinances (pages 42-47).

If you find a need to reference this material frequently, it would certainly be appropriate to set a bookmark to one of them in Gospel Library. That would put you as close as any unofficial app would and you would have First Presidency approved information available at your fingertips.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lajackson wrote:There are three approved places to find the proper words and procedures to perform priesthood ordinances. They are all available in Gospel Library.
Handbook 2, Chapter 20, Priesthood Ordinances and Blessings.
Family Guidebook, Priesthood Ordinances and Blessings (pages 18-25).
Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood, Part B, Lesson 5, Performing Priesthood Ordinances (pages 42-47).
Also:
Principles of the Gospel (for military members), pages 251–267.
Missionary Handbook, pages 69–82.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
pgrandall96

Post by pgrandall96 »

Just FYI it states in section 20.1.6 of Handbook 2:

"Using these publications, priesthood leaders teach brethren how to perform ordinances and blessings. Leaders ensure that each priesthood holder has the Family Guidebook or Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood, Part B, so he can have his own copy of these instructions.

Leaders should not produce or use other publications that give instructions for ordinances, blessings, or prayers unless the First Presidency has authorized such publications."
carmackmd

Post by carmackmd »

The easiest place to find the sacrament prayers in Gospel Library is in the “Jesus Christ” section and then “Sacrament Prayers “. Both bread and water are there without having to search through other things to find what you want! Hope this helps.
dlyost57

Post by dlyost57 »

I have the priesthood ordnance’s app on my iPhone but it need the developer to update to os11 or later. Great app. Thanks

AV8R57
nickeckhardt

Post by nickeckhardt »

I also have a very compact app titled "LDS Priesthood Ordinances" on my iPhone 4. It appears to be in almost exact compliance with the handbook, but I also cannot find a reference to it on line, nor can I remember where i got it.
It includes:
Conferring Priesthood & Ordaining to Offices
Blessing the Sick
Consecrating Oil
Baptism
Confirmation
Sacrament Bread
Sacrament Water
Naming & Blessing baby
Father's Blessing
Dedication Graves
About Ordinances
Each of the titles above is a button on the first page of the app, and each leads to a screen of one to three pages (on my iPhone 4). If this app is not available anymore, I think it would be a good idea for the Church to provide something similar. It is much easier to use than looking up the information in the handbook.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

In Gospel Library that info is also in 'Individuals and Families' -> 'Family Guidebook' -> 'Priesthood Ordinances'

Return to “Mobile Applications”