Mic recommendation for high council meeting

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

mlh78

Mic recommendation for high council meeting

Post by mlh78 »

Has anyone tried to use the Chat 50 for high council meeting? I am wondering if it can handle that size of room/number of participants.
lionelwalters

Post by lionelwalters »

mlh78 wrote:Has anyone tried to use the Chat 50 for high council meeting? I am wondering if it can handle that size of room/number of participants.

My experience has been that the Chat 50 is insufficient in larger rooms such as a high council room. We're using the Chat 150 at the moment, which works well for audio pick up, but I'm still tring to iron out some issues with noise in the audio output. All in all, though, it's a great device.
marcporter

konftel 300

Post by marcporter »

I know this is a reply to an old post, but what we have found works really well in the high council room is a conference phone. We use the Konftel 300 with two expansion microphones. One mic close to the Stake President, the phone in the middle of the table, and the second mic at the far end of the table.

This phone has a USB port which will allow PVC to use it as an audio source. When you don't want to use PVC, its a great phone for conference calls too!

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”