Anybody out there?

Discussions around the WebOS (Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, HP Touchpad) versions of the Gospel Library application.
kmartind

Anybody out there?

Post by kmartind »

It seems like the only semi-active discussion is on the Wikis, which makes it messy and hard to follow? Why no interest in the forum?
PNMarkW2

Post by PNMarkW2 »

Not sure where you're looking, I don't check in here daily, but since I was here a couple days ago I see over 30 threads in the forum with new posts. Seems reasonably active. Not all threads are of equal value, and a thread I started was closed so I couldn't report back, so results may vary.

In case you're not aware of it, click on the New Posts link at the top of the forum to see what has been posted since you were last here. It took me a little while to "find" that link, but it makes using the forum that much more useful. The once you find a thread of particular interest you can subscribe to it so you can follow it better.

And, as this was your first post, welcome to the forum.
~Mark
Ward Clerk
Colonial Heights Ward
Portland Oregon Stake

-----
"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three."
---Alice Kahn
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

kmartind wrote:It seems like the only semi-active discussion is on the Wikis, which makes it messy and hard to follow? Why no interest in the forum?
Stats for the past week - # of posts/day. The forum is certainly generating some interest ;)
Attachments
stats.jpg
(35.41 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

PNMarkW2 wrote:Not sure where you're looking, I don't check in here daily, but since I was here a couple days ago I see over 30 threads in the forum with new posts.
techgy wrote:Stats for the past week - # of posts/day. The forum is certainly generating some interest ;)
Given that this post was being made in the WebOS Gospel Library forum, I think the question concerns that product specifically. There were two threads in April; this makes only the 3rd.

On the other hand, on the wiki, the WebOS Gospel Library Talk page has had quite a bit more activity. So it's a reasonable question.

But the bottom line is that people are free to post questions in either the forum or the wiki -- it's their choice.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kmartind

Post by kmartind »

Um, guys, I was referring to _this_ specific forum (the WebOS sub-forum of the Gospel Library forum). Of course there are tons of posts across all the LDS Technology Forums but that just serves to reinforce my point about lack of interest in this topic. I use the application regularly and it's very useful, but based on the posts in the associated forum topics it seems there's little interest. The app is still missing some pretty fundamental content, like the Hymns, Preach My Gospel manual, etc, which prevents it from being nearly as helpful as it could be for weekly/daily use.

Edit: Yep Alan, that was exactly my point. No posts here since April, and discussions on the associated Wiki pages are often disjointed and incomplete.

Return to “WebOS Gospel Library”