No audio on new app.

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
pcutler

No audio on new app.

Post by pcutler »

I have an iPad mini 4 and I am having problems with the new update to Gospel Library app. I can no longer play an audio of the music, books or scriptures. Help!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: No audio on new app.

Post by sbradshaw »

pcutler wrote:I have an iPad mini 4 and I am having problems with the new update to Gospel Library app. I can no longer play an audio of the music, books or scriptures. Help!
Are you running the latest version of Gospel Library that was just put out this morning (5.2.1), or the update that came last week (5.2.0)? (You can see the version number in Settings, under App Details.)

When you say you can no longer play audio – what are the symptoms? Do you press play, and the scrubber handle starts moving, but no sound comes out? Or, do you press play and get a spinning progress indicator? Or, are you not able to open the audio player at all?

Are you streaming audio, or listening to audio that's been downloaded in advance? If streaming, are you on Wi-Fi or a cellular network?

Are you listening via bluetooth on external speakers or headphones, or directly through the phone speakers? Have you verified that the volume is turned up?

Are you able to see and hear videos, if you play a video in Gospel Library?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
danielrgoodman

Post by danielrgoodman »

I am having the same problem with my Iphone 7. I can not listen to the audio books.
heinss

Post by heinss »

No audio when trying to listen to audio files of scriptures or conference. Using iPhone 8 plus latest update on iOS. When I click play on audio, the scrubber spins and spins and spins. No sound. Is there a solution or fix for this coming soon?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

heinss wrote:No audio when trying to listen to audio files of scriptures or conference. Using iPhone 8 plus latest update on iOS. When I click play on audio, the scrubber spins and spins and spins. No sound. Is there a solution or fix for this coming soon?
Have you tried on a different Wi-Fi or internet network? Do you have a VPN or any other sort of content blocker / web filtering enabled?
mktippets

Post by mktippets »

I am having same problem. Using version 5.7.2 on iPhone 8
mktippets

Post by mktippets »

mktippets wrote:I am having same problem. Using version 5.7.2 on iPhone 8
I found the download button and had to remove some already downloaded and then reload them. Now it works.
adamsheat

Post by adamsheat »

My husband uses the audio on an iPad on the way to work and said his iPad no longer has the head phones or listening option. We would love to learn how he can continue to listen to Come Follow me through his WiFi wireless iPad on the way to work again! Thanks!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

adamsheat wrote:My husband uses the audio on an iPad on the way to work and said his iPad no longer has the head phones or listening option. We would love to learn how he can continue to listen to Come Follow me through his WiFi wireless iPad on the way to work again! Thanks!
What version of Gospel Library does he have installed? Does he have the audio for Come, Follow Me downloaded to his device (he can check under Settings > Downloads), or has he been streaming it?
adamsheat

Post by adamsheat »

He has always streamed the Come Follow Me content. He cannot download apps on his work tablet.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”