No longer able to download Gospel Library app

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: No longer able to download Gospel Library app

Post by sbradshaw »

binogore wrote:I have the same problem. 2019 GC wasn't there and my app was "up-to-date" so I deleted it thinking I could reinstall. There is no option to download previous version. And yes, I tried going through "purchased" and still get the same road block, "unable to download." How is it this hasn't been fixed?
Someone on another thread reported that if they went to Purchased and tapped the download icon from there, it worked, but if they went to Purchased, then tapped on Gospel Library, then tapped the download icon, it didn't work. Maybe that will help?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Cmrnfmly6

Post by Cmrnfmly6 »

Samuel, I have an older iPad and do not get the message that I can download an older version. I have the same issue as everyone else on this forum in that April 2019 isn't showing up in my Gospel Library. Is there a work around for this glitch yet? Thank you..
tdrod1

Post by tdrod1 »

Okay, so we all missed the apparent message that Gospel Library would no longer be supported for older iPads. The decision to delete the app hoping that we could obtain General Conference and Come Follow Me would be fixed by re-downloading the app was incredibly shortsighted and uninformed. I'm sure there's a great reason why this decision was made by the Church but it seems equally shortsighted and uninformed. All of my notes, study helps, class lessons (both my own as well as those I teach) are lost unless I scrimp, save and buy a new iPad. Surely, there's a solution for this given the amazing tech power in the church.
Cmrnfmly6

Post by Cmrnfmly6 »

I agree, thank you. Samuel, please let us know if anything is hopefully in the works to resolve this in the near future?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

tdrod1 wrote:Okay, so we all missed the apparent message that Gospel Library would no longer be supported for older iPads. The decision to delete the app hoping that we could obtain General Conference and Come Follow Me would be fixed by re-downloading the app was incredibly shortsighted and uninformed. I'm sure there's a great reason why this decision was made by the Church but it seems equally shortsighted and uninformed. All of my notes, study helps, class lessons (both my own as well as those I teach) are lost unless I scrimp, save and buy a new iPad. Surely, there's a solution for this given the amazing tech power in the church.
Cmrnfmly6 wrote:I agree, thank you. Samuel, please let us know if anything is hopefully in the works to resolve this in the near future?
Did you try going to the "Purchased" tab in the App Store, then tapping the download icon next to Gospel Library in the list of apps (note that tapping on Gospel Library, then tapping download may not work)?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Cmrnfmly6

Post by Cmrnfmly6 »

Yes, we tried all the suggestions noted in the forum and have never had any messages pop up. Thank you for replying.
shaunalaelhatch

Post by shaunalaelhatch »

Just tried to reinstall Gospel library this morning. Big mistake!!! Now trying to download bits and pieces from other sources. It's not going very well. So sad
shaunalaelhatch

Post by shaunalaelhatch »

I was able to find an older version of Gospel Library today and download it onto my Ipad. Go to the apps store, then to purchased (at the bottom) and tap ALL. I found everything I had ever downloaded onto my Ipad. I searched for the oldest Gospel Library and tried downloading it. It asked if I wanted an older version. IT WORKED. I now have my older version back on. It isn't updated after 2018, but everything I had is there.
Aschafe7

Post by Aschafe7 »

I deleted the app and then reinstalled the app. Now it’s all good in the neighborhood. I can download whatever I need. :)
10ellswjor

Post by 10ellswjor »

Thanks, growmp! Your suggestion helped me to get it to work.

I had to click the download symbol on the "not on this ipad" section in "Purchased" and it worked for me.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”