Gospel Library Bug

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library Bug

Post by rmrichesjr »

ckjensenfamily wrote:... Hopefully The developers are seeing this post and will provide a fix quickly.
Hope is a good thing to have. I believe there are a few of the developers who sometimes visit the forums, but there's no guarantee any will see this particular thread. Also, if I have gathered correctly from other discussions, the developers are given priority lists by their leaders/managers/superiors. There are two methods that are much more likely to produce results than hoping a post here will be seen:
  • Use a relevant "Feedback" link or button. It's a sure thing that a Church Service Missionary will read your feedback. If you make a strong case, it's likely it will be passed up the chain.

Raise the issue with your bishop and/or stake president and ask that they pass the request up their chain of command. If enough stake presidents ask for something, I understand it will be considered by those who make the decisions that result in the priority lists that govern what the developers work on.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Looks like this thread should be moved to the iphone section.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've been waiting for the OP to say what OS they're on.

But so far all the complaints have been iOS. So, that sounds like a good idea.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ckjensenfamily

Post by ckjensenfamily »

Already did that. Got a response today saying that they acknowledge it as a bug and is being prioritized for a fix that is being released soon.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library 5.2.1 for iOS was just released today, which should fix the scrolling problem.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
WilsonR

Post by WilsonR »

Update the app again. It was really laggy for me after updating, so I submitted feedback. They replied and said the issue was corrected. I updated again and sure enough, scrolling is now smooth again.
22dutsomiae

Help!!

Post by 22dutsomiae »

Yesterday when I opened my gospel library app, I noticed my study plan had disappeared. I was confused, but I didn’t think too much of it.

This morning when I opened it, I realized ALL OF MY TAGS WERE DELETED (except for two). I am devastated!! I had been working on those tags for years. Is there any way to bring them back?
WilsonR

Post by WilsonR »

The bug ("feature"?) where a slight sideways movement causes a vertical jump went away for a while, but now it's back. :/
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Help!!

Post by sbradshaw »

22dutsomiae wrote:Yesterday when I opened my gospel library app, I noticed my study plan had disappeared. I was confused, but I didn’t think too much of it.

This morning when I opened it, I realized ALL OF MY TAGS WERE DELETED (except for two). I am devastated!! I had been working on those tags for years. Is there any way to bring them back?
For most users, signing out and back in fixes the issue, and all of your tags should be back. If that's not the case, you could try sending feedback through the app.

Gospel Library 5.4.1 for iOS is in beta and has some fixes that have to do with the app not keeping track of its signed in/out state correctly. If you're interested in trying the beta, join the Tech project Gospel Library for iOS – Public Beta, then you'll get an email from TestFlight with instructions for installing the app. If you install the beta, let us know if it fixes things!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
regerm

Post by regerm »

On the Gospel library app (using iOS) the scroll bar on the side has disappeared for a couple of weeks, which can make it hard to gauge how far down different verses are or parts of talks when we discuss them in church.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”