No Content Error after Updating Gospel Library App on Ipad

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
brianrchristensen

No Content Error after Updating Gospel Library App on Ipad

Post by brianrchristensen »

I updated my Gospel Library app on my Ipad and when I went back into it I got an error message saying "No Content - Gospel Library needs an internet connection to load its starting content. Please connect to the internet and try again." My ipad is connected to the internet and everything else works. Gospel Library has always worked in the past on this iPad. I made sure to update my ios software and it still doesnt work. Has anyone seen this problem or can suggest a solution?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: No Content Error after Updating Gospel Library App on Ipad

Post by russellhltn »

How is it connected to the internet? Though a data plan or wifi? As I recall, GL has a setting that prevents it from downloading via a data plan and running up your bill.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeannabrooke

Post by jeannabrooke »

I am having the same problem on my iPhone. It worked just fine until I updated the app today and now it's "No content." And yes, I have it set to allow downloading data over the cell network.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Here are a few things you could try:
– Force close the app (swiping it out of the app switcher) and reopen it.
– Open the app while on a different Wi-Fi or cellular network.
– Switch to another language under Settings, then back to English – that would force the main library page to refresh, if the problem is that content is there, just not displaying.
– Follow a bookmark (if you have any) or link (like [url]gospellibrary://content/scriptures/bofm/1-ne/1?lang=eng[/url]) into the app to get directly to a content chapter.
– Create a new screen, then delete the old one.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jwald

Post by jwald »

I had the same problem on my iPhone and all I needed to do was change the language to Italian and back to English and it worked! Thank you for the help!
tonyrayton

Post by tonyrayton »

My LDS Library App installed an update three days ago, at first I lost all my notes from the last 5 years, after rebooting I temporarily got them back. After finishing som work, I closed the App, the next time I opened it, all my notes had completely gone. I sent a message asking how to rectify it, had no response. I then contacted Church Headquarters, they said they do not have support for personal members and just reload the App. I did this, the App will not even open now, whatever I do, the App logo with Moroni comes up, sits on my screen, then cancels out as a closed App. I’m getting very frustrated, nobody seems to be able to help....any suggestions.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tonyrayton wrote:I’m getting very frustrated, nobody seems to be able to help....any suggestions.
Try the suggestions in the post two before yours, and the one immediately before. You may have to totally remove the app and download it again. After that, ask your ward clerk if he is able to assist you.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

tonyrayton wrote:My LDS Library App installed an update three days ago, at first I lost all my notes from the last 5 years, after rebooting I temporarily got them back. After finishing som work, I closed the App, the next time I opened it, all my notes had completely gone. I sent a message asking how to rectify it, had no response. I then contacted Church Headquarters, they said they do not have support for personal members and just reload the App. I did this, the App will not even open now, whatever I do, the App logo with Moroni comes up, sits on my screen, then cancels out as a closed App. I’m getting very frustrated, nobody seems to be able to help....any suggestions.
Gospel Library 5.4.1 for iOS is in beta and has several bug fixes, including a fix for an issue where annotations could disappear temporarily, and some crash fixes. If you're interested in trying the beta, join the Tech project Gospel Library for iOS – Public Beta, then you'll get an email from TestFlight with instructions for installing the app. If you install the beta, let us know if it fixes things!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
brittneymcarthur

Post by brittneymcarthur »

SOLUTION: For me this always happens when my iphone 6s runs out of storage. If the phone is full then for some reason it creates errors with my library and the content that was previously downloaded or sometimes it even prevents the app from opening up. If I go back through and delete apps or picture and free up space on my iphone then restart the app or sometimes the phone I can usually access gospel content again (until my phone gets full again).

This works almost every time for me! Hope it helps you all.
kristingjones

Post by kristingjones »

I’ve had the same problem. Without looking into the possibility of losing all my personal markings and notes, I deleted the app and then downloaded it again thinking all my marked scriptures and notes would still be linked to my account! However, it looks like they are gone! Are they really??? Does anyone know how to view them or get them back?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”