Notes Deleted

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
Cread98

Notes Deleted

Post by Cread98 »

Hello!

I recently updated my Gospel Library on my phone and found that all of my notes, notebooks and tags have been deleted.

I logged into my account on a computer and found that all the notes I have, aside from ones recorded in the last 5 days have been deleted. I know they have been synced and backed up, I simply can't access them. My account still registers on a computer that I have all of my notebooks and tags but does not register the actual notes I've made.

Is there a way to find them all again, as I have years of notes on this thing?

Thanks,
Cassandra
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Notes Deleted

Post by sbradshaw »

What version of Gospel Library are you running, and on what version of Android or iOS?
Do you see any sync errors listed under your username if you open Settings?
Do you see your old notes under the "All" tab of the Notes section (i.e. is it just on the Notebooks or Tags tab that they appear to be missing)?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Cread98

Post by Cread98 »

I'm using a 4.0.0 9897 version of Gospel Library on a 12.1.4 iOS iPhone.

It doesn't say that there was a sync error. It normally syncs automatically when connected to WIFI.

Under "All" it only has my notes up until 5 days ago and in Notebooks and Tags nothing is there.

It's a puzzle :)
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library 4.0.0 was released in December 2016. When you updated Gospel Library recently, it should have installed the latest version, which is Gospel Library 5.1.1. Did you install the update using the regular iOS App Store? Because Gospel Library 4.0 is a much older version, it's likely that there are bugs or issues that prevent it from syncing correctly, and could lead to data being lost...
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If I understand correctly, you're saying that online, you see your notes from before 5 days ago, and nothing newer – but in the app, you see your notes from the last 5 days, but not the older notes. Is that correct? If so, my first guess is that maybe you have two different LDS Accounts, and you've signed into one in Gospel Library, but you've signed into the other on LDS.org – or, you're not signed in at all in the app. Could that be the case?
Cread98

Post by Cread98 »

Huh! I recently returned from my mission, and am currently updating everything, which is probably why it's so behind haha.

My phone updated a few days ago, but going through the settings, I see it still needs the latest update.

I'll update it now, and see if it changes at all.
Cread98

Post by Cread98 »

I don't think so. Online I can't see any notes beyond 5 days ago, and in the app I can't see anything at all, Notebooks included.

I've just updated to the newest version of Gospel Library and there have been no changes.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

So you can't see your notes that are older than 5 days old anywhere (not at Notes.LDS.org, and not in Gospel Library)?
If none of those older notes are on LDS.org, then maybe they never synced – and they would be gone – or, they could have been synced to a different LDS Account if you used a different one in the past. Fingers crossed for the latter...
Were you accessing your notes during your mission, and were they syncing between your device and LDS.org during that time?
Cread98

Post by Cread98 »

I'm not really sure what's happened, but over night all of my notes have reappeared!! If you had anything to do with it, thank you so much for your help!

And thank you for taking the time to walk me through things. I really appreciate it!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You're welcome. I didn't have anything to do with them reappearing, but I'm glad they're there!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”