Lost everything signing in

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
JennKite

Lost everything signing in

Post by JennKite »

This morning as I was updating my Gospel Library app, I realized I wasn’t signed in. So, I signed in, and then - to my sickening amazement - realized that all my notes, highlights and links from months of studying were gone. Apparently I hadn’t been signed into the app for months, and nothing was saved except on my phone and now that I did sign in and sync, it is all lost.

I realize that while not being signed in was my error, it would have been life altering if a message would have popped up that said “by signing in you will loose all saved data” or even a reminder months ago that I wasn’t signed in so that everything would have been saved and synced.

I am still reeling from this loss of personal revelation documentation. But I am also sure there is a lesson here somewhere, and perhaps not just for me.
PicahMitt

Re: Lost everything signing in

Post by PicahMitt »

This happened to me too. My son had just started marking his scripture digitally, he is 9. So i set up an account for him on LDS.org. When we signed in on the ipad, all his highlighting ect disappeared :( Two months of notes, tags and highlights gone.
However I signed myself in on my own device a month or so back to save all my own information, and there was not a problem then. I was able to retain everything.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Try signing out and back in – if you were signed out when you created the notes, they are likely still stored on your device. Signing out and back in will trigger a popup prompting you to merge the annotations.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
PicahMitt

Post by PicahMitt »

Signing out did not work for us. We did try that right away. Thanks for your suggestion though :)
randytayler

Post by randytayler »

We just lost everything, too. I had to update the app on my daughter's phone in order to let her sign in (sign in just kept failing), then when we did successfully sign her in after updating the app, her 1300+ notes were _gone_.
ktesplin

Post by ktesplin »

I don’t know if you’ve heard a solution yet, but the same thing just happened to me. I tried signing out and signing back in, which didn’t work. I uninstalled the app from my phone and then reinstalled it, and that was successful. All of my open/saved pages were gone, but that’s what happens every time I update.

Hope that helps!
dawnmiller

Post by dawnmiller »

Don't know how to post a new question so I'll try here! After a couple years of no problems with gospel library, I went to use it yesterday, 1/13/2021, after using successfully just the day before, and all I had was a few items including 2020 manuals and new magazines. I deleted and then downloaded again and everything was okay. Today the icon for the app is gone from my home screen. I left the app open last night in case there was a problem today. But I've now had random problems two days in a row. Any thoughts?
chasejr

Post by chasejr »

All of my personal notes are gone from my gospel library app on my iphone 6. However, they still show up on my ipad and computer. Will updates not apply?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

chasejr wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:47 pm All of my personal notes are gone from my gospel library app on my iphone 6. However, they still show up on my ipad and computer. Will updates not apply?
Have you tried signing out of Gospel Library on your iPhone, then signing back in? This can be done in Gospel Library settings.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”