Scripture Links

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
Edwclark

Scripture Links

Post by Edwclark »

Did all of our old scripture “links” get wiped out at some point when we transitioned to the new “linking” process? I am noticing that my old scripture links have somehow vanished, which is very disheartening since I’ve used Gospel Library for more than 7 years. If so, did they also vanish from my LDS.org account, or is there any way to restore them from the LDS.org site?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Scripture Links

Post by sbradshaw »

User-created links from a highlight to other content should not have been affected by updating to Gospel Library 5.0. The format for storing annotations didn't change significantly. Where are you looking for your links? Are you looking on a chapter/talk/article in the iOS Gospel Library app? Or are you in the Notes section of the app, maybe in a notebook? Or are you looking for your links on LDS.org? Links aren't visible on LDS.org (neither on the "old experience" content pages, nor on the newer Gospel Library Online pages) – but they will show on the newer Gospel Library Online pages in a future update. When was the last time you remember seeing them? Were you signed into your LDS Account at the time? You could try signing out and back in to resync your annotations.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Edwclark

Post by Edwclark »

I am looking for links in chapters in the scriptures and I’m not seeing any links for various scriptures I know I had created links for. I am also not certain that I have not lost some notes as well. It appears that something may have happened in 2016. I’m not seeing anything (links, notes, etc.) with a date before 2016. It would be very helpful for me to be able to see what is stored in my LDS.org account.
Edwclark

Post by Edwclark »

I am looking in the chapters in the scriptures for the links that are missing. I am also noticing that many of my Notes that are attached to verses have a common date listed of December 16, 2011. Perhaps some event occurred that day which wiped out my links.
Edwclark

Post by Edwclark »

My apologies- the common date is December 11, 2016.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library 4 was released in December 2016, so likely the date modified was changed in a sync bug of some sort at that time, or by moving the notes to a notebook (that would cause them to be modified). Unfortunately, the only way to see what's stored in your LDS Account is to check on the places your annotations can sync to – the Gospel Library app, or the study tools on LDS.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”