Gospel Library 5.0 for iOS

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
richalger

Re: Gospel Library 5.0 for iOS

Post by richalger »

sbradshaw wrote:
richalger wrote:I installed a previous version of the Gospel library on my iPad (iOS 9.3.5). I uninstalled it because the newest General Conference content was not showing up. I thought if I reinstalled, it would show up. The app store is not giving me the option to install a previous version. If anyone knows how to do this, or if the church can change a setting to allow installing it on older devices, this will help me.
Which generation/type of iPad do you have? Are you on the latest version of iOS that your iPad supports? Are you signed into the App Store with the same Apple ID that you used to install Gospel Library before? What happens when you try to install the app again? Does it give you a message? Is there a cloud/arrow icon, or a Get icon, on the store listing for Gospel Library?
I am not sure what generation it is. It may be over 10 years old. I have updated the iOS to the latest version. I am signed in with the same apple id that I used to install the library before. When I try to install, it says something to the effect of "this app will not work on your device". It used to ask me if I wanted to install a version of the app that was compatible with my device. There is a cloud/arrow icon for the Gospel Library.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

richalger wrote:I am not sure what generation it is. It may be over 10 years old. I have updated the iOS to the latest version. I am signed in with the same apple id that I used to install the library before. When I try to install, it says something to the effect of "this app will not work on your device". It used to ask me if I wanted to install a version of the app that was compatible with my device. There is a cloud/arrow icon for the Gospel Library.
Try going to the "Purchased" tab of the App Store, and tapping the download icon next to Gospel Library there – does that let you download it? It should let you download Gospel Library 4.4.0. After installing Gospel Library 4.4.0, you may need to force close and reopen the app to get the latest catalog, before it will let you download books.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
NelsonPalmer

Post by NelsonPalmer »

I had Gospel Library 4.4.0 on my older iOS phone (9.3.5). I uninstalled and immediately tried to reinstall.

The only option coming up is for the latest version, even though I had installed 4.4.0 with that ID for years.

I have 2 devices with the same ID, but the old one will not prompt for the older 4.4.0 version of LDS GL.

Ideas?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

NelsonPalmer wrote:I had Gospel Library 4.4.0 on my older iOS phone (9.3.5). I uninstalled and immediately tried to reinstall.

The only option coming up is for the latest version, even though I had installed 4.4.0 with that ID for years.

I have 2 devices with the same ID, but the old one will not prompt for the older 4.4.0 version of LDS GL.

Ideas?
Did you look under the "Purchased" tab in the App Store?
pcgcampb

Post by pcgcampb »

I just purchased an iPhone XR and Gospel Library app will not open. I uninstalled and then reinstalled it but to no avail. Help!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

pcgcampb wrote:I just purchased an iPhone XR and Gospel Library app will not open. I uninstalled and then reinstalled it but to no avail. Help!
If the app doesn't get past the splash screen (with the Moroni), here are a few things you could try:
  •  Restart your phone.
  •  Close other open apps by swiping them out of the app switcher, in case the device is running low on memory.
  •  Check for iOS updates or Gospel Library updates (I'm guessing that things are up-to-date since it's a new phone).
  • Try on a different Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection.
  •  If you have any content filtering enabled on your network, temporary disable them (sometimes Church content servers get blocked).
kathryne3215

Post by kathryne3215 »

I just made an unfortunate mistake in deleting my Gospel app on my iPad 2. I have the 9.3.5 version. I've been trying to download the app back & I continue to receive "Unable to download to your device". It does not give me any options. I am deeply saddened because of the notes, tags, all the study methods I laboriously used are now completely gone. To say I'm at a loss is quite the understatement.
I am beyond hoping there is someone who can advise on how I can have thus treasure I have studied since its inception back on my iPad.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kathryne3215 wrote:I just made an unfortunate mistake in deleting my Gospel app on my iPad 2. I have the 9.3.5 version. I've been trying to download the app back & I continue to receive "Unable to download to your device". It does not give me any options. I am deeply saddened because of the notes, tags, all the study methods I laboriously used are now completely gone. To say I'm at a loss is quite the understatement.
I am beyond hoping there is someone who can advise on how I can have thus treasure I have studied since its inception back on my iPad.
You should be able to install it again (the latest compatible version, which for your device is Gospel Library 4.4) by tapping the download button next to Gospel Library on the "Purchased" tab of the App Store.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”