Would like audio play back only when not on wifi

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
dgulbransen

Would like audio play back only when not on wifi

Post by dgulbransen »

When I’m driving lomg distances, i like to play Conference audio recordings. However i have to fight the Gospel Library app from playing video instead. The app defaults to playing video regardless of whether im on a wi-fi network or using data. I’d like to have a control that allows audio playback but not video playback to avoid using up my data streaming video contect that I can’t watch because I’m driving.

David J Gulbransen
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Would like audio play back only when not on wifi

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you on the current version of Gospel Library? The current version is 4.4.0 (you can see the version number in Gospel Library settings).
There was a bug in previous versions of the app that caused the app to switch to video after the audio was paused. As far as I know, that bug has been fixed.

Another thing you could try is downloading any audio you want in advance, then go to iOS Settings > Cellular and turning off cellular data for Gospel Library (it's sorted under "Library" in the list). That will make sure that Gospel Library won't use any cellular data at all.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”