Airplane mode

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
dwilhelm

Airplane mode

Post by dwilhelm »

After downloading a video using Gospel Library I try to view it in Airplane Mode (no internet) and the video will not play. The video is “The Restoration.” Screen freezes. Is there something I’m missing?

Downloaded the LDS Media app and downloaded the same video and everything works perfectly in Airplane mode.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Airplane mode

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you sure it downloaded completely before you disconnected from the internet? Do you see the video in Settings > Downloaded Media?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
npk_techguy

Post by npk_techguy »

I have seen similar behavior. GL does to play well in airplane mode or when wifi is weak/non-existent but still connected to the wireless router.

If I am in airplane mode, videos won't play that have previously been downloaded, same as described above. Yes to the questions above, I see the video in downloaded media.

Also, GL will crash a couple of times before it will start when my iPad is in airplane mode. I suspect it has something to do with trying to get updates. This also happens when I am connected to a wifi signal with no connection to the internet, e.g. still connected to gogo on a plane after the connection is cut or at home when the wireless router shuts off the connection.
dwilhelm

Post by dwilhelm »

sbradshaw wrote:Are you sure it downloaded completely before you disconnected from the internet? Do you see the video in Settings > Downloaded Media?
Yes. Have tried several times with various videos, made sure they were downloaded but still won’t play in airplane mode. Let me know if you get something different.
dwilhelm

Post by dwilhelm »

The same thing happens if the internet connection is down at the meetinghouse. Videos that were downloaded will not play on IPad Pro when there is no internet access. Very frustrating since the internet has beeen down at our meet8nghouse for weeks now.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”