Gospel Library 4.4.0 for iOS

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
Dent0ck

Re: Gospel Library 4.4.0 for iOS

Post by Dent0ck »

I was just on the app store and it gave me the error: "This application requires iOS 10 .00 or later. You must update to iOS 10 .00 in order to download and use this application" It did not give me any option to download an older compatible version. PLEASE help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Dent0ck wrote:I was just on the app store and it gave me the error: "This application requires iOS 10 .00 or later. You must update to iOS 10 .00 in order to download and use this application" It did not give me any option to download an older compatible version. PLEASE help!
From what I'm seeing here, even if you did load the older version, it wouldn't work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RueckertTG

Post by RueckertTG »

I have lost access to Gospel Library with the latest update.. I have an iPad 2 running on iOS 9.35. I tried deleting and reloading Gospel Library, older version, but it immediately starts updating and is not able to complete before aborting.

Is this a problem with others? Is there a fix coming out? Or do I need to just buy a new iPad. Mine works well with other Apps.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Dent0ck wrote:I was just on the app store and it gave me the error: "This application requires iOS 10 .00 or later. You must update to iOS 10 .00 in order to download and use this application" It did not give me any option to download an older compatible version. PLEASE help!
If it says "You must update to iOS 10.0 in order to download and use this application" instead of giving you the option to download an older version, it probably means that your device supports iOS 10 and can be updated. You can look for updates under iOS Settings > General.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

From what I can work out, Gospel Library from version 4.4.0 onwards, will only work with iOS 10.00 onwards. So there won’t be any fixes for older iPads!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

RueckertTG wrote:I have lost access to Gospel Library with the latest update.. I have an iPad 2 running on iOS 9.35. I tried deleting and reloading Gospel Library, older version, but it immediately starts updating and is not able to complete before aborting.

Is this a problem with others? Is there a fix coming out? Or do I need to just buy a new iPad. Mine works well with other Apps.
I have a first-generation iPad mini, on iOS 9, and was able to install Gospel Library 4.4.0 from the iOS App Store. I was able to launch the app without any trouble. Do you have enough free space on your device?
barbarabeanwallace

Post by barbarabeanwallace »

I could not get the April conference to load on my iPad, so I d legend the app and tried reinstalling, knowing all my annotations are saved on my iPhone. Now the App Store says gospel library is incompatible with my iPad running iOS 9.3.5. What can I do since this is my main scripture study platform? Thanks
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

barbarabeanwallace wrote:I could not get the April conference to load on my iPad, so I d legend the app and tried reinstalling, knowing all my annotations are saved on my iPhone. Now the App Store says gospel library is incompatible with my iPad running iOS 9.3.5. What can I do since this is my main scripture study platform? Thanks
Try going to the "Purchased" tab of the App Store, and tapping the download icon next to Gospel Library there – does that let you download it? It should let you download Gospel Library 4.4.0. After installing Gospel Library 4.4.0, you may need to force close and reopen the app to get the latest catalog, before it will let you download books.
Keithclarke

Post by Keithclarke »

I am running IOS 9.3.5 on my iPad mini and it says unable to Purchase, when I try to download Gospel Library from the App Store. Help! Is there a place I can download the older version of Gospel Library?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Keithclarke wrote:I am running IOS 9.3.5 on my iPad mini and it says unable to Purchase, when I try to download Gospel Library from the App Store. Help! Is there a place I can download the older version of Gospel Library?
Have you installed Gospel Library before, on any device using your Apple ID? If so, it should be available as a previous "purchase" under the Purchased tab (using the tabs at the bottom of the screen). Is that where you got the "unable to purchase" message?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”