gospel library freezes wont' open content

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
rellis

gospel library freezes wont' open content

Post by rellis »

gospel library beta running on windows 10 won't open the content. Open the app, click on scriptures, book of mormon, and book and verse but it won't open the actual content. Tried multiple times and sometimes it freezes at the scripture level, sometime at book level. Either way it won't open the content.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: gospel library freezes wont' open content

Post by sbradshaw »

You most likely have an old content catalog version installed. I'm not sure how to force the Windows app to check for an updated catalog, but that should fix the problem.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ericmmabey

Post by ericmmabey »

Today both mine and my wife’s does this, it happened today. . We have new version. It flashes for a second and then won’t open. Or you can see the window it froze on, but when you select it. The phone goes to the start up screen. How do we reset the app? Thanks. I’ve reset the phone several times. And hard reset. IPhone X. Please help how to reset app?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

ericmmabey wrote:Today both mine and my wife’s does this, it happened today. . We have new version. It flashes for a second and then won’t open. Or you can see the window it froze on, but when you select it. The phone goes to the start up screen. How do we reset the app? Thanks. I’ve reset the phone several times. And hard reset. IPhone X. Please help how to reset app?
If Gospel Library has trouble getting past the splash screen with the Moroni, here are some things you can try:
  1. Make sure you're connected to a good internet connection, in case the app is trying but failing to download a content update. If you're not connected to internet at all, the app won't try to get updated content; but you may have trouble if you're in a between state – connected to internet, but the internet is slower than normal.
  2. Check how much storage space you have remaining on the device. If the device is low on memory, it may be failing to download a content update completely.
  3. Restart your device. This may help free up some memory, for a faster launch.
  4. Close all of your open programs by swiping them out of recent apps. This could also help free up some memory.
If none of the above works, you can delete the app and reinstall it from the App Store, to reset it. However, if you use the annotation tools in the app (highlighting, writing notes, etc.), I'd recommend checking at LDS.org/notes first to make sure your recent notes and annotations have been syncing (to make sure you won't lose anything important if you delete and reinstall the app).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”