Gospel Library 4.3 iOS

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
corwinslack

Gospel Library 4.3 iOS

Post by corwinslack »

What is supposed to be different about this upgrade. I am unable to discern the new features described.
arpitman

Re: Gospel Library 4.3 iOS

Post by arpitman »

The version just released crashes and doesn't run right on iPhone X.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

arpitman wrote:The version just released crashes and doesn't run right on iPhone X.
I haven't seen this issue. Does it show the splash screen, then crash, or does it crash somewhere else?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
arpitman

Post by arpitman »

The very first time I tried to load it after updating it just showed the splash and then quit.

I then removed it completely, and downloaded it again through the apple app store.

I then started it and it got in. I went to the scriptures/bible/ and chose to download media. It crashed.

I then started it again and logged in and went to the book mark i set yesterday to Number 9. It got stuck on a white page for about 5 minutes, so I killed the app.

Now every time I start it it comes up to Numbers 9, but is locked up. Can't click on anything or go anywhere.

I have restarted the phone and the app over and over. Always just locks right there.
arpitman

Post by arpitman »

I did all of that this morning. I have not touched it until just now. Now it seems to come up ok, but I can't play the media for the old testament. The button changes to the pause button, but nothing plays and the time does not progress. So at least it is not locking up anymore. Must have been something it was doing right after the update.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you low on storage space on your phone?
Are you connected to a good internet connection when trying to download media, or when it's checking for content updates/syncing on first launch?
Are you able to download things fine in other apps?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

arpitman wrote:I did all of that this morning. I have not touched it until just now. Now it seems to come up ok, but I can't play the media for the old testament. The button changes to the pause button, but nothing plays and the time does not progress. So at least it is not locking up anymore. Must have been something it was doing right after the update.
What kind of network were you on when you downloaded the files?
arpitman

Post by arpitman »

500mbs fiber.
arpitman

Post by arpitman »

I have some more information about the audio not playing.

When I first installed the app a few days again after uninstalling it I went to download all the audio. I do it by book all at once.

I am currently reading in Numbers in the old testament. Chapter 27 didn't play. The media icon was a trash can indicating that it had been downloaded.

I hit the trash can and it asked if I wanted to delete the audio. I said yes. The icon changes to the download icon. I then hit play and still nothing. I swipped to the previous chapter and then to the next chapter. Once back on chapter 27 the icon was a trash can again even though I had deleted the audio. I hit the trash can again and hit yes to remove and swiped back to chapter 26 and then back to 27. Now the icon was the download icon like it should be again.

At this point I hit play and the audio started playing. I hit the download icon while it was playing and the program wheel appeared and it filled up quickly (I have fast internet), but it got stuck as a full circle. I hit it and it asked if I wanted to stop downloading. I said yes and left it that way.

I finished listening to chapter 27 and went on to chapter 28. Chapter 28 shows the trash can indicating that the media is downloaded. It played just fine without problem.

When I finished chapter 28 and got to 29 it acted exactly the same as chapter 27. The icon showed trash can, but nothing played, hit to remove, yes, no play, etc. Exactly like 27.

so some chapters work fine and some don't.

I also have some that if I go through that whole dance and then as the audio is playing with the icon the download icon I can hit the icon and it downloads fine and continues playing and from then on that chapter is fine.

Please verify and see if you can reproduce. This is very annoying and if I end up wanted to read where I don't have internet (scout camp) I might not have the downloaded audio. This is very important.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Interesting. I tried to reproduce with those same chapters (after downloading all the audio for Numbers) and didn't have any problems. I tried playing in airplane mode and while connected; I tried removing and re-downloading individual chapters, and I tried letting the chapter auto-advance from one chapter to the next. I'm guessing there was a hiccup of some sort during the Download All Audio for Numbers. Maybe you could try removing all the Numbers audio and downloading it all again. You can verify that it's downloaded by trying to play while in airplane mode. For best results, make sure you're on good internet (it sounds like you have a good connection) and also make sure there's plenty of space on your phone for the download, and for good measure you could try closing other open apps to make sure your phone has enough memory to process the bulk download...

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”