Gospel Library App for iPhone X

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
normanholm

Gospel Library App for iPhone X

Post by normanholm »

How soon will the Gospel Library App be updated for iPhone X?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library App for iPhone X

Post by sbradshaw »

The next update to Gospel Library for iOS, Gospel Library 4.2.0, will fully support the new aspect ratio of the iPhone X.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
normanholm

Post by normanholm »

When do you expect that release?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It's expected to be out next week, assuming everything goes well wrapping up the development and testing.
normanholm

Post by normanholm »

What is the latest word on when the Gospel Library App will be updated? I need to fully utilize the screen real estate. :)
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Not everything went well in testing. There are several more kinks being worked out.

Building the app with the newest Xcode 9 introduced several regression bugs and UI glitches that needed to be addressed. One regression bug in particular with the linking process, discovered a couple of weeks ago, finally required a redesign of the navigation drop-down menu (which was planned for a future update, but had to be moved earlier into 4.2.0). Because of the updated navigation menu, back-arrow navigation needed to be rethought. Because of changes to back-arrow navigation, some of the buttons in the title bar needed to be moved around to different places. The old mechanism we were using for paging/swiping between chapters was also ripped out and replaced with Apple's built-in paging/swiping. In addition to the domino effect of the last couple of weeks, several little things have needed to be adjusted to better accommodate iPhone X's screen size and "safe areas" – for example, text not indenting properly, buttons that are overlapped by the notch in landscape, and backgrounds that aren't extending the full width of the screen. In the past several weeks, the developers have powered through more than 100 little bugs.

If you join the Gospel Library for iOS LDSTech project, you can help out as a beta tester! Things are starting to stabilize again.
normanholm

Post by normanholm »

Please provide me instructions on how to join the Gospel Library for iOS LDSTech project. I would be more than happy to help out as a beta tester!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

normanholm wrote:Please provide me instructions on how to join the Gospel Library for iOS LDSTech project. I would be more than happy to help out as a beta tester!
I saw that you just joined the LDSTech project. I added you to the TestFlight beta group for Gospel Library, so you should get an email invite. TestFlight is Apple's "beta app store," which you can download through the regular iOS App Store. The email has a link that will open into TestFlight and give you access to the Gospel Library beta.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Samuel, can you add me to the beta test for Gospel Library? I already have Test Flight which I use to beta test LDS Tools. BTW, how can I tell which version of Tools or Gospel Library I am using?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

zaneclark wrote:Samuel, can you add me to the beta test for Gospel Library? I already have Test Flight which I use to beta test LDS Tools. BTW, how can I tell which version of Tools or Gospel Library I am using?
Yes, you'll need to join the LDSTech project first: Gospel Library for iOS - Beta
In Gospel Library, if you go into Settings, the version and build number are at the bottom of the screen. In LDS Tools, it's at the bottom of the Help screen.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”