Gospel Library on Iphone font size

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
BillSkeehan

Gospel Library on Iphone font size

Post by BillSkeehan »

for the Iphones, the font size is small and appears to be non-adjustable. For the smaller iphones this can be a problem for many people. Is there any plan to make the font size adjustable like the android phones?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library on Iphone font size

Post by sbradshaw »

Font size can be adjusted in Gospel Library settings, for both Android and iOS.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
altajolenegriffin

Post by altajolenegriffin »

I hope you can help me, is there a way to ENLARGE the FONT for Gospel Library, on the iPad?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

altajolenegriffin wrote:I hope you can help me, is there a way to ENLARGE the FONT for Gospel Library, on the iPad?
Yes. Go to the main library screen. You should see a gear icon in the top left corner. Tapping the gear icon will open Gospel Library's Settings page. In Settings, there's a "Text Size" option. When you tap on Text Size, there's a slider that you can adjust to change the font size for content.
bbchristensen

Gospel Library headings font size overly large

Post by bbchristensen »

Could someone please tell me why the headings are so big now on the gospel app? They don't fit and can't be easily viewed at once. When I go to settings and try to adjust the font size, it only affects the content not the headings. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling but same problem exists. I have an iPhone SE.

Thanks!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library headings font size overly large

Post by sbradshaw »

bbchristensen wrote:Could someone please tell me why the headings are so big now on the gospel app? They don't fit and can't be easily viewed at once. When I go to settings and try to adjust the font size, it only affects the content not the headings. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling but same problem exists. I have an iPhone SE.

Thanks!
Have you also checked the iOS system text size under iOS Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size?
Maxbirch1

Re: Gospel Library headings font size overly large

Post by Maxbirch1 »

My mum also has this problem where the headings are way to big to be read. The text size slider in the accessibility settings in the iPhone settings does change the size of these words however, she cannot see well and she needs the text size to be big so she can read. Is there a way to change the size of the heading text without turning down the text size throughout the whole phone?
CarlaBunch

Post by CarlaBunch »

How do I change the heading font in the gospel library?It’s too large. I have checked my library and device settings, and reinstalled the app.
italyrm

Post by italyrm »

In iOS 16.4.1
App version 6.5.1 13159

When you click on settings there is no longer the option to change the appearance of the app (make the background dark mode or sepia) nor the ability change the font size of the text. You can change whether the audio playback automatically advances to the next chapter by default.

This makes the app much less usable and enjoyable to use. This functionality was available up until the last update when it appears the church developers simply dropped an iframe of the website and called it an app.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

italyrm wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:55 am When you click on settings there is no longer the option to change the appearance of the app (make the background dark mode or sepia) nor the ability change the font size of the text.
In Gospel Library 6.5, reading view settings are now in "Display Options" (in the overflow / three dots menu when viewing a chapter or talk). It's a little closer to content, which is good because those settings only affect the reading view (for example, users have been confused in the past when they changed their text size in Settings, but the buttons, titles, and menus in the app don't adjust), but there are also some downsides (since it's not in Settings there's not a single discoverable place you can go to see everything you can adjust).

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”