Highlightings misplaced on iPad Pro

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
awollnik

Highlightings misplaced on iPad Pro

Post by awollnik »

My wife uses our iPad Pro to prepare Institute lessons. We experience issues with the positioning of highlightings she has set (regardless of underlining or working with text markers). Some of the mark-ups are placed the right way, some others are before or after the text.

We deleted the app from the iPad and reinstalled, but that helped only temporary.
My wife is logged in on the app using her LDS account.

Thanks for your help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Highlightings misplaced on iPad Pro

Post by russellhltn »

There are some known problems where highlights done in one place (such as on-line) don't line up with the display in other places (like in GL). I don't know the details, but it's been happening for some time now, so I wouldn't expect a fix real soon.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bluefish

Post by bluefish »

Is still an issue in Gospel Library 4.1.3?

I have the same issue here going between Gospel Library on an iPad and sync'ed account on LDS.org.... Highlights are on within the correct verse, but often start or end at different words than intended. From the reply above it sounds like maybe this has been a known bug for a while, maybe without an easy fix.

Can anyone provide any guidance of how to best deal with the bug while it exists?

For example, when the behavior is corrected, is there any way to know which device will be used as the "source" to determine the correct highlight location?? Should I continue highlighting within Gospel Library on the iPad hoping that one day the lds.org scripture view will eventually have a bug fixed and match up? Or should I delay adding highlights all together while the bug remains?

Thanks for any guidance...
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Personally, and based on other posts, I am working on the assumption that LDS.org is different and that the devices get it right. When I highlight on one device, it appears correctly on another device once the syncing is done. As I understand the problem, it is not that LDS.org is wrong. It just counts words in a different way than the GL apps count. The same is true on the Android side. Android devices match after the syncing, even when LDS.org is off a little bit.

I believe at some point LDS.org will be coded to count the same way as the other devices, and all will be well again, although I do not have any reason to believe that it will be any time soon.

Of course, I have been totally surprised before. There are no guarantees. But that is the tack I have been taking.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”