iPad pencil for gospel library

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
wmetzelar

iPad pencil for gospel library

Post by wmetzelar »

I'm curious....

Does anyone with an iPad Pro use the Apple Pencil to be able to write notes in the gospel library app?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: iPad pencil for gospel library

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library doesn't currently have a way to store handwritten notes. iOS 11, coming later this year, will make working with handwriting on iOS a little easier, but there would still be some work to be done in Gospel Library (and the back-end sync service) if it were to eventually support handwriting.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
chrishaleua

Post by chrishaleua »

I am not as interested in sorting handwritten notes. I just want to use the Apple Pencil to do basic highlighting. Is that possible?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

chrishaleua wrote:I am not as interested in sorting handwritten notes. I just want to use the Apple Pencil to do basic highlighting. Is that possible?
Highlighting is possible with the Apple Pencil, but only in apps that support it (like Apple's iBooks). Unfortunately, Gospel Library doesn't support it. You could send it in as a feature request using the Send Feedback button in Gospel Library settings.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like you can select text and create highlights with the Apple Pencil by long-pressing to select a word, then dragging the selection handles – the same as using your finger. But there's nothing special beyond that.
RGPolson

Post by RGPolson »

This would be a great feature at some point Not really looking for needing OCR for any notes, but for making notes like you do on paper scriptures this would be nice. Ready to beta test if it ever makes it into the feature list.

Thanks for all that you all do. Gospel Library is a great app.
bjohnson01

Post by bjohnson01 »

Just curious if this has any more traction?
glbrim

Post by glbrim »

I would like to use the iPad pencil to take notes or record thoughts wile studying “Come Follow Me”. Any chance that would be possible?
WRC55

Post by WRC55 »

You can use your Apple Pencil with Come, Follow Me. Go into Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families. You will note that there is a PDF download for that. You can download the PDF and load it into a PDF editor. You can then use your pencil to make annotations, highlights, etc.
gregoryboucher

Post by gregoryboucher »

I also would like to write with my Apple Pencil, or insert text above or between the Gospel Library text, not on a downloaded pdf document. I know that might be seen as an attempt to change the Gospel text. I think marvelous advances have been made and wonder if these innovations might be in the works?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

iPadOS 14 has a new "Scribble" feature that allows you to hand-write with the Apple Pencil in any text field. This will work out-of-the-box in the Gospel Library note editor.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”