How to adjust Speak speed?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
gkmchardy

How to adjust Speak speed?

Post by gkmchardy »

I note that in foreign language versions of the scriptures where no recording is available that one can highlight text and then choose "Speak" on the context menu. However, when I tried to use it in either Italian or Dutch, the playback is extremely fast, almost intelligible. Where can I adjust the speed of the playback?

I found my own solution. One merely has to change the Settings / General / Accessibility / Speech speed.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: How to adjust Speak speed?

Post by jdlessley »

22jmarble wrote:where do you go to change the speed?
Did you try the suggestion in the post just before your post?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you are using text to speech provided by the OS, you can change the speed under Settings > General > Accessibility > Speech.

If you want to change the speed for the audio recordings in Gospel Library, you can do that by opening audio settings from the audio player in the app.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
brianhpratt

Post by brianhpratt »

When I try to slow the playback speed in French It does not work. Works fine for Spanish. Anyone have any suggestions. Android phone - Galaxy 7

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”