Would like an Undo feature

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
wfindlay

Would like an Undo feature

Post by wfindlay »

We are hoping that at some point an undo feature will be added when, for example, you update the wrong bookmark, or accidentally highlight the wrong passage.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Would like an Undo feature

Post by sbradshaw »

Where would you put the Undo button?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
hiltonc

Post by hiltonc »

Some ideas:
  • Shake to undo.
  • Show a non-instrusive banner after updating the bookmark indicating what action you've taken, with an undo button.
dougdetelj

Post by dougdetelj »

I would love to see this feature also- especially in light of the fact that I just accidentally deleted a lengthy note while trying to just delete a highlight. Gone forever....

An undo feature would certainly be a blessing, and is part of any editing software. Surprised and disappointed it is not part of LDS Library.....
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

dougdetelj wrote:I would love to see this feature also- especially in light of the fact that I just accidentally deleted a lengthy note while trying to just delete a highlight. Gone forever...
If you go to the LDS.org study tools (sign in with your LDS Account), there's a Trash button at the bottom of the left sidebar. From there, you can recover your note. Hope this helps!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rpartridge

Post by rpartridge »

Still hoping for this feature.
elishamarieproffit

Post by elishamarieproffit »

wfindlay wrote:We are hoping that at some point an undo feature will be added when, for example, you update the wrong bookmark, or accidentally highlight the wrong passage.
YES please!! I have accidentally deleted a super special note and wish I could undo it! This has happened several times.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

elishamarieproffit wrote:
wfindlay wrote:We are hoping that at some point an undo feature will be added when, for example, you update the wrong bookmark, or accidentally highlight the wrong passage.
YES please!! I have accidentally deleted a super special note and wish I could undo it! This has happened several times.
Did you try the suggestion two posts before yours? It would appear they are saved in a trash container on the web site version and you should be able to recover them from there.
[EDIT] that suggestion was from before the web site changes to the proper name of the church so I don't know if it still works this way now.
dwiseone

Post by dwiseone »

Aargh! I just spent 15 minutes recording some thoughts using the iPhone version of the Gospel Library in the Come, Follow Me for this week. I accidentally moved my note to a notebook, realized it was the wrong notebook, then moved it to another notebook where I wanted it, returned to the "wrong" notebook to make sure it had moved. Was still there, so deleted it. Then went to the "right" notebook and it was gone there, too! And now I've spent another 30 minutes trying to recover it. Unfortunately, it has some notes from my studies a couple of days ago as well, or else I would just re-key what I typed this evening. Now my "record your impressions" for this week are gone.

The app needs to at minimum prompt whether you really intend to delete a note, and that it will be deleted in all locations where it resides. Ideally, it will have a recovery space for those of us who do things we didn't really intend to do.
mrnonaustralianguy

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

I would suggest requesting this feature, if you haven’t already done this, by clicking the Settings icon, then scroll down to SEND FEEDBACK. This best ensures that the developers of the app will see it.
Jeremy 🎶

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”