Bookmark not working

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
zimmy125

Re: Bookmark not working

Post by zimmy125 »

I am having he same problem when trying to update and existing bookmark on iOS. I can set a bookmark just fine. It's when you go to update the location of the existing bookmark to a new location that has problems.
zimmy125

Post by zimmy125 »

Ok... after some more trial and error.. hitting the circular arrow does update the bookmark to the new location that I would expect it to be. Things appear to be working now
zimmy125

Post by zimmy125 »

With some more research and replicated another persons issue here. I have 20 or so bookmarks all created on a version prior to 4.0. When I go to click on the circular arrow to update the book mark it updated a random bookmark. Clicking the arrow again for the same old bookmark it updated the same random boookmark as the first time. So there is a problem with updating existing bookmarks that were there prior to 4.0
FultzRC

Post by FultzRC »

I was having the same issue so I tried deleting the old bookmark and created a new Daily Reading bookmark and it now works. Give it a try!
zimmy125

Post by zimmy125 »

FultzRC wrote:I was having the same issue so I tried deleting the old bookmark and created a new Daily Reading bookmark and it now works. Give it a try!
I agree, that works for a small set, but not very practical when you have 20-30+ bookmarks (i.e favorite talks, multiple reading bookmarks, content to read later etc. If old bookmarks are not supported with this new functionality, and deletion and recreation is the only answer I would think it to be important to note in release notes or some public form.
rrglenn

Post by rrglenn »

I am also having problems with bookmarks in LDS tools. I'm not able to create a bookmark or update the mark. I'm using an apple ipad. My android phone seems works great. Very frustrating.
rnmecham

Post by rnmecham »

In my case, the bookmark is saved for my own reading, but is not saved for the narrator reading. It always goes back to the beginning of the chapter instead of continuing where I left off. I noticed this same issue in conference talks. If I stop a talk and come back latter, it starts the talk over instead of continuing where I left off.
joybeynon

Post by joybeynon »

Bookmark is the most worthless non useful tool in LDS scriptures.
biggeorge

Post by biggeorge »

I can add bookmarks Ok anywhere (online, mobile), but I can not see any (old or new) online. It was Ok until about a week back. Why?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”