Bookmark not working

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
shellbelle19

Bookmark not working

Post by shellbelle19 »

With the update in gospel library the bookmarks are not working. For example: I have a bookmark labeled "personal reading". I click on the bookmark and it goes to the spot. That works great. But when I get done and have moved on a couple of chapters I go in to bookmarks again and hold down that same bookmark. It does nothing. It won't bookmark my new location. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Bookmark not working

Post by sbradshaw »

In Gospel Library 4 for iOS, updating bookmarks can now be done by pressing the circle-arrow icon next to the bookmark name.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
SpencerMR

Post by SpencerMR »

the bookmark does not change when you press the cirlce - it often puts the bookmark on some other random book mark i have.
utahzelda2y

Post by utahzelda2y »

I am having the same issue with bookmarks. I'll select the Book of Mormon bookmark and click the circle arrow and then another bookmark is updated instead.
HeilnerSB
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by HeilnerSB »

We're having a really difficult time reproducing this bug. Could you post exact steps you're taking to make this happen?
BruceSalmon

Post by BruceSalmon »

I just do what I have always done and update the bookmark. It puts the mark in the correct place but grabs a random name for the mark. The marks are also no longer sorted from newest to oldest. I have quite a few bookmarks; so many that now I have trouble finding the marks for current reading because they are buried randomly with marks I have for other marks on articles, talks, etc. that I want to get back to for further study or for making special notes in.
bigbradbad

Post by bigbradbad »

I'm having the exact same problem here, every time I update the bookmark, it will change a previous one instead. I just figured out that this is what was happening, so about ten of my bookmarks have been moved now, and I can't remember where they were previously :shock: . I've also noticed that the most recently updated bookmark doesn't appear at the top of the bookmarks list, but this may just be a side effect of the current issue.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

bigbradbad wrote:I've also noticed that the most recently updated bookmark doesn't appear at the top of the bookmarks list, but this may just be a side effect of the current issue.
Bookmarks are no longer sorted based on when they were last modified. Instead, the order is user-defined. You can rearrange them by pressing Edit at the top of the screen, then dragging them up or down in the list.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bigbradbad

Post by bigbradbad »

Good to know, thanks!
kristinelouisa

Post by kristinelouisa »

I am having the same issue with my bookmarks. When I try to update them the bookmark icon appears where I am reading but the name doesn't update in the list. The bookmark grabs a random name from one of my many other bookmarks. After trying to update numerous bookmarks they are all a big mess now and I have no idea where I am actually reading. Talks that I had bookmarked now actually take me to my scripture reading when I touch the bookmark. I basically cannot use my bookmarks at this point because none of them can be updated correctly. Perhaps I should delete them all and start over?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”